London WC2B 6ST
DataCash, a division of MasterCard, is a payment processing company which offers a global gateway to secure multi-channel payment processing and fraud and risk management services.
Founded in 1996 as a payment gateway intended to serve the needs of the emerging e-commerce channel, a series of early mergers and acquisitions led to expansion within specific markets (notably, the airline and travel sectors) as well as coverage of the Cardholder Present environment. In 2009, the company significantly expanded its fraud offering with the acquisition of The 3rd Man, a fraud and risk management technology company. It has been a wholly owned subsidiary of MasterCard since 2010, when it was bought for £333 million.
In early 2012, DataCash was announced as a white-label partner to supply Elavon's global e-commerce gateway in Europe, as part of the American bank's expansion plans. Similar announcements followed in 2013, most notably involving the Brazilian multi-brand acquirer Redecard and the shopping reward scheme Shopitize.
- "Datacash tracks down the 3rd Man". The Register. December 28, 2008.
- "Datacash offer for 3rd Man declared unconditional". Finextra. January 19, 2009.
- Chris Spillane (Aug 19, 2010). "MasterCard to Acquire DataCash for 333 Million Pounds". Bloomberg.
- Sean Farrell (Aug 20, 2010). "MasterCard pays £333m for British online payments firm DataCash". The Independent.
- Elena Moya (Aug 19, 2010). "DataCash jumps 51% after it agrees takeover bid by MasterCard". The Guardian.
- Philip Stafford (Aug 19, 2010). "MasterCard in software fightback". Financial Times.
- "Elavon, DataCash to release e-commerce gateway service". About Payments. February 22, 2012.
- "DataCash launches white label payment gateway; Elavon first on board". FinExtra. March, 2012.
- "DataCash, Redecard release e-commerce solution in Brazil". The Paypers. May 29, 2013.
- "DataCash and Shopitize partner to enable cashback payments through mobile app". Finextra. August 19, 2013.