August 10, 1990 |
St. Catharines, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg; 11 st 6 lb)|
|Ligue Magnus team
|Dragons de Rouen
|NHL Draft||29th overall, 2008
Daultan Michael Leveille (born August 10, 1990 in St. Catharines, Ontario) is a Canadian ice hockey player who currently plays for the Dragons de Rouen of the French Ligue Magnus. He was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the first round, 29th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, becoming the first player in NHL history to be drafted out of a Jr. B level league in the first round.
After playing 'AAA' hockey for the St. Catharines Minor Hockey Association all his childhood, Leveille was drafted by the Ottawa 67's in the ninth round of the 2006 OHL Priority Draft. However, Daultan decided to play close to home, and played two years for the St. Catharines Falcons of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League, a Jr. B level league part of the Ontario Hockey Association. During his two seasons with the Falcons, Leveille totaled 48 goals and 101 points in 93 games. In his final year, Leveille, along with six other individuals, was awarded the OHA Top Prospect Award. During his second year, Leveille began to be highly scouted among National Hockey League (NHL) teams, and was selected as high as 27th overall in mock drafts for the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. During his final year Leveille also played with Riley Sheahan, who would be drafted 21st overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Leveille finished his freshman season with the Michigan State Spartans of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association with 17 points in 38 games. He finished second on the team in goals and points, behind senior Matt Schepke. However, Leveille finished the season with a plus/minus of -19, and the Spartans finished with a disappointing 10–23–5 record. Leveille had 25 points the following season and an improved plus/minus of +14.
Leveille was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers during the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, being selected 29th overall with a pick acquired from the Pittsburgh Penguins during the 2007-08 NHL season trade deadline. His rights were transferred from the Atlanta Thrashers to the Winnipeg Jets on June 22, 2011 due to the Thrashers' franchise relocating. After spending three seasons as a Thrashers/Jets prospect, Leveille was not tendered an offer from the Jets and became an unrestricted free agent on August 15, 2012.
On September 18, 2012, Leveille was signed to a one-year, two way contract by the Hamilton Bulldogs. On October 4, Leveille was released from Bulldogs' training camp and assigned to the San Francisco Bulls of the ECHL. Several days later, Leveille was reassigned to the Bulldogs' ECHL affiliate in Wheeling. Coincidentally, the Nailers share an affiliation with the Pittsburgh Penguins, who once owned the draft pick that was used to draft Leveille.
On July 23, 2013, Leveille signed as a free agent to his third ECHL club, the Evansville IceMen, on a one-year contract. In the 2013-14 season with the IceMen, Leveille contributed with 22 goals and 47 points in 66 games.
On April 29, 2014, Leveille signed a one-year contract abroad with French club, Dragons de Rouen of the Ligue Magnus.
|2006–07||St. Catharines Falcons||GOJHL||48||19||26||45||30||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||St. Catharines Falcons||GOJHL||45||29||27||56||38||16||14||16||30||14|
|2008–09||Michigan State Spartans||CCHA||38||9||8||17||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Michigan State Spartans||CCHA||38||6||19||25||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Michigan State Spartans||CCHA||34||8||10||18||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Michigan State Spartans||CCHA||21||3||6||9||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||San Francisco Bulls||ECHL||6||2||1||3||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Daultan Leveille Taken 29th in NHL Entry Draft". WILX / Gray Television. 20 June 2008.
- Koepke, Neil (15 January 2009). "MSU freshman has speed, needs strength". Lansing State Journal. East Lansing, MI: Gannett Company.
- "OHL Priority Selection". Ontario Hockey League. May 6, 2006. Archived from the original on May 19, 2006. Retrieved May 6, 2006.
- "2007–2008 OHA Awards". Ontario Hockey Association. Retrieved May 15, 2008.
- McKenzie, Bob (7 April 2008). "Interest in Leveille growing". TSN.ca.
On any given night in St. Catharines recently, scouts from 10 to 15 NHL teams have been there to watch Leveille ...
- McKenzie, Bob (9 April 2008). "Daultan Leveille goes out with a bang". TSN.ca.
- "The Hockey News Forecaster: Daultan Leveille Profile Page". The Hockey News.
- "Bulldogs sign Chaput, Fortier, and Leveille". HamiltonBulldogs.com. September 18, 2012.
- "Hamilton Bulldogs Release 14 From Training Camp". HamiltonBulldogs.com. September 18, 2012.
- "Leveille lands in Evansville". Evansville IceMen. 2013-07-23. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Bio from St. Catharines Falcons.com
- Daultan Leveille's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Daultan Leveille's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
|Atlanta Thrashers first round draft pick