|David M Canterbury|
|Born||September 19, 1963|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Years of service||1981-1987|
|Unit||984th Military Police Company,
260th Military Police Company
|Awards||Army Achievement Medal,
Army Good Conduct Medal
|Other work||Survival Instructor|
|Website||The Pathfinder School|
David Michael Canterbury (born September 19, 1963) is a survival expert, who for two seasons was the co-star of the reality TV show Dual Survival. He is also owner of The Pathfinder School LLC, managing editor of Self Reliance Illustrated magazine, and an adjunct instructor of wilderness self-reliance at the Frontier Christian University.
Canterbury is cited as being a former Army sniper, though it was later found that, while qualified to be a sniper, never was one. This resulted in the termination of his contract with the Discovery Channel. He later removed all of his falsified military credentials from his website to avoid attention to the topic. More recently, Canterbury has admitted to embellishing his credentials in order to save face and avoid the harming of his business. He worked on a reptile farm and as a commercial fisherman and diver in Florida.  Canterbury uses his experience to contribute as a professional survival instructor teaching hundreds of people each year, ranging from professional law enforcement to search and rescue and DNR personnel. He has a YouTube channel on which he posts survival-themed instructional videos.
The Pathfinder School
Canterbury has been the owner and instructor at The Pathfinder School LLC in southeast Ohio since 2009. The school's stated purpose is to, "provide training in wilderness and survival techniques." However, while popular amongst bushcraft enthusiasts, previous temporary employees have commented on it the unsatisfactory experience of working for Canterbury, due to his failure to pay even a portion of the agreed compensation. Canterbury promotes what he calls the "5 Cs of Survivability,": a cutting tool, a combustion device, cover, a container, and cordage.
Canterbury was the co-host for the first two seasons of the reality television series Dual Survival. On the show Canterbury demonstrated various survival skills such as how to cauterize an injury using gunpowder and fire by intentionally slicing open his own arm and then having his co-host Cody Lundin use this technique to stop the bleeding. In 2012, it was announced he would not be returning to the show.
In late January 2014, Canterbury put out an introduction video explaining the start of his new Pathfinder TV subscription Youtube channel. 
- Canterbury, Dave (2010). Survivability for the Common Man. The Pathfinder School LLC. ISBN 098395450X.
- Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Doc ID:200931400286". Ohio Secretary of State. November 10, 2009. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "THE PATHFINDER SCHOOL LLC". Ohio Secretary of State. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Self Reliance Illustrated" (Premier Issue). 2010. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "About Frontier Christian University - Dave Canterbury, Adjunct Instructor". Frontier Christian University. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- "The Pathfinder School LLC YouTube Channel". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "DUAL SURVIVAL EXPERTS: DAVE CANTERBURY". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Wood, Greg (October 23, 2009). "Surviving on next to nothing". The Hutchinson News. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Canterbury, Dave (June 16, 2011). "5C's of Survivability Quick Run Down1". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- Ito, Robert (September 4, 2011). "Roll cameras: Now eat the freshly killed wildebeest". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Cody Lundin Announces Dual Survival Changes" (Press release). June 13, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Dillard, Mechele R. (July 7, 2012). "Dual Survival coming back for Season Three, but no Dave". HULIQ. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- Dave Canterbury (2013). Discussing DS. Retrieved January 6, 2013.