|Born||September 19, 1963|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Years of service||1981-1987|
|Unit||984th Military Police Company,
260th Military Police Company
|Other work||Survival Instructor, former television presentor|
|Website||The Pathfinder School|
He first worked on a reptile farm, then as a commercial fisherman and diver in Florida.
Canterbury is currently the owner and one of the instructors at "The Pathfinder School LLC" in southeast Ohio. Canterbury teaches survival techniques, promoting what he calls the "5 Cs of Survivability,": a cutting tool, a combustion device, cover, a container, and cordage. He has a YouTube TV channel on which he posts survival-themed instructional videos.
On the show Dual Survivor, Canterbury demonstrated various survival skills, such as how to cauterize an injury using gunpowder and fire. He intentionally sliced open his own arm and then had his co-host, Cody Lundin, use this technique to stop the bleeding. In 2012, the producers decided Canterbury would not be returning to the show.
- Canterbury, Dave (2010). Survivability for the Common Man. The Pathfinder School LLC. ISBN 098395450X.
- Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "DUAL SURVIVAL EXPERTS: DAVE CANTERBURY". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Canterbury, Dave (June 16, 2011). "5C's of Survivability Quick Run Down1". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-07.
- "The Pathfinder School LLC YouTube Channel". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Wood, Greg (October 23, 2009). "Surviving on next to nothing". The Hutchinson News. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- Ito, Robert (September 4, 2011). "Roll cameras: Now eat the freshly killed wildebeest". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Cody Lundin Announces Dual Survival Changes" (Press release). June 13, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- Dillard, Mechele R. (July 7, 2012). "Dual Survival coming back for Season Three, but no Dave". HULIQ. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- Dave Canterbury (2013). Discussing DS. Retrieved January 6, 2013.