Dave Keuning in 2004
|Birth name||David Brent Keuning|
|Born||March 28, 1976|
|Origin||Pella, Iowa, United States|
|Genres||Alternative rock, Post-punk revival|
|Occupations||Musician, songwriter, singer|
|Instruments||Guitar, Bass, Cello, Keyboards|
|Associated acts||The Killers|
|Gibson Les Paul Custom
Keuning was born and brought up in Pella, Iowa. Dave Keuning started to play guitar just before entering Pella Community High School where he played in the jazz band. In 2000 he moved to Las Vegas. He found work at the Banana Republic store in The Venetian Hotel and Casino on The Strip. Dave has one son, Kyler Keuning who was born in 2005. Dave currently spends his time between his homes in San Diego and Las Vegas.
The band began when Keuning placed an ad in the Las Vegas Weekly which read: "Seeking musicians for all original band. Influences: Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, Bowie, Radiohead." Shortly, Brandon Flowers answered the ad and the two began practicing and writing together only to be joined by the other two band members. Their first demos included the hit "Mr. Brightside" which Keuning wrote the guitar to before meeting Brandon Flowers. The Killers have sold more than 25 million records worldwide including four consecutive No. 1 studio albums in the UK.
In October 2010 his guitar riff in "Mr. Brightside" was voted at number 9 in Total Guitar's 50 greatest riffs of the 21st Century so far. He was invited to perform a guitar solo during closing track "Nothing Left To Say" at an Imagine Dragons show on the Into The Night Tour
- Gibson ES-335
- Fender Starcaster
- Ibanez Destroyer
- Gibson Flying V
- Gibson Les Paul Custom
- Fender Stratocaster
- Gibson J45
- Ibanez AE Classical Guitar
- Furman AR15 Voltage Regulator
- Axess Electronics FX1+ expansion board, midi foot controllers w/ axess CFX4 control function switchers and custom made Axess Electronics Deville footswitch interfaces
- Lectrosonics Wireless Units
- Zaolla Artist and Zaolla Silverline series cables as cables and cable snakes
- (2) duplicate FX racks are wired up w/Mogami Cable
- Pedals, in Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher Loops: Keeley Mod Ibanez TS9 (phat mod and baked mod)(x2), Boss DD6 Digital Delay, MXR Phase 100 (x2), Electro Harmonix Keeley Mod Big Muff Pi, Ibanez AD99 Keeley Mod Delay, Ibanez AC99 Keeley Mod Chorus, Digitech Whammy, TRex RoommSpate Reverb, and Buff Puff Boost. And for the acoustic: Fishman Aura Classical Pedal, Fishman Aura Dreadnought Pedal
Picks: Dunlop Nylon – 0.60mm, 0.73mm, 1.00mm
He is noted as a guitarist for playing anthemic and soaring solos in addition to sweetened and often percussive style playing frequently. Dave is also noted for his "unusual voicings" and "digit-distending, string-skipping" finger work on the guitar in similar fashion of Andy Summers of The Police.
Awards and nominations
-  Biographicon: Dave Keuning
- "The Killers' Dave Keuning" Guitar Player Magazine Feb 2010 Iss.
- Longobardy, Joshua. "When he was young" Las Vegas Weekly. Feb 15, 2007.Third Page, First Paragraph.
-  The Killers Bio VH1.com
- Crompton, Jamie. "Dave Keuning Interview: Serial Killer" Guitarist May 2009 Iss.
- Bosso, Joe. "The Killers: All Killer No Filler" Guitar World Magazine. March 26, 2009.
-  Hiwatt Website: Artists
- The Killers official site, from Island Records
- The Killers official site (U.K.), from the Vertigo label
- Dave Keuning Fansite
- Dave Keuning Facebook Fan Group
- Interview:Serial Killer from Guitarist Magazine May 2009 Iss.
- Interview: All Killer No Filler from Guitar World Magazine February 2009 Iss.
- Interview at Glastonbury Fest by NME
- Interview at Coke Live Festival by Onet.pl
- Dave Keuning Pedalboard