Dave Lewis (rugby union)
|Full name||David Ian Lewis|
|Date of birth||29 April 1989|
|Place of birth||Manchester, England|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (12 st 8 lb) |
|School(s) attended||St Michael's Tawstock
Ivybridge Community College
|Current club||Exeter Chiefs|
|* Professional club appearances and points
counted for domestic first grade only.
Dave Lewis (born 29 April 1989 in Manchester) is an English rugby union footballer, currently playing in the Aviva Premiership for Exeter Chiefs. He plays as a scrum half. He was educated at St Michael's Tawstock, Blundell's School and later Ivybridge Community College.
Lewis' first appearance for Gloucester was in the 07/08 season at home to Worcester when he came on for 7 minutes. His breakthrough season was the 08/09 season. He made 11 appearances and just as he was starting to establish himself in the starting line up he suffered an injury (broken leg) at home to London Irish in January. He returned to the Gloucester side for the final game of the season at London Wasps before joining up with the England under 20s for the Under 20s World Cup in Japan. From then he has been a prominent player for Gloucester but has had to battle with Rory Lawson for the scrum-half berth at Kingsholm.
It was announced on 14 February 2013 that Lewis would be rejoining Exeter Chiefs for the 2013/14 season.
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby - Gloucester Rugby". web page. Premier Rugby. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Gloucester Sign Rising Star Lewis". BBC Sport. 9 February 2007.
- Stevens, Mark. "Lewis Agrees Chiefs Move". Exeter Chiefs. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Dave Lewis added to England Saxons squad". BBC Sport. 23 January 2014.
- "England Saxons 8-14 Ireland Wolfhounds". BBC Sport. 25 January 2014.
|This English rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|