Dave Phillips (maze designer)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
Dave Phillips (born May 7, 1951) is a maze and puzzle designer, who has written over three dozen books, including The Zen Of The Labyrinth—Mazes For The Connoisseur. In addition to books, Phillips has provided puzzles for Reader's Digest, Highlights, National Geographic World, Die Zeit, Ranger Rick, Omni, Games, Scientific American, and United Features Syndicate. He has also created jigsaw puzzle mazes for Hallmark and die cut puzzle mazes for DaMert.
Since 2000, Phillips has partnered with Hugh McPherson of MaizeQuest, a corn maze company to design corn mazes, interactive games, and walk-through mazes (such as bamboo, hedge, and fence) for locations throughout the United States, Canada, and England. Phillips has created mazes and labyrinths as contemporary art.
Phillips and his family emigrated from England to Maryland in 1960 when he was nine years old. He became a naturalized citizen at 25. One year later he created his first book, Graphic and Op Art Mazes.
- Phillips, Dave (2009). The Zen of the Labyrinth, Mazes For The Connoisseur. Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. ISBN 978-14027-5987-1
- "Maze Designer Coming to a Farm Near You", Vegetable Growers News, October 17, 2008, http://vegetablegrowersnews.com/index.php/magazine/article/Maze-Designer-Coming-to-a-Farm-Near-You
- Stephanie Shapiro (2013). "Amazing Mazes - Baltimore Sun". articles.baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 21 July 2013.
- "About Maize Quest, Our Team", Maize Quest Fun Park, http://www.mazefunpark.com/about/index.php Retrieved 21July 2013
- Phillips, Dave (1976). Graphic and Op Art Mazes, Dover Publications, Inc. ISBN 978-0486233734