Dave Thompson (author)
His first published book, U2: Stories for Boys (Plexus, 1985) also bears the distinction of being the first biography of the band U2. Other notable firsts include Depeche Mode, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phish, ZZ Top and Simple Minds. He wrote the book "The Psychedelic Furs: Beautiful Chaos". Thompson has also written extensively on David Bowie, with the biographies Moonage Daydream (Plexus 1987) and Hallo Spaceboy (ECW 2006), and the semi-fictional To Major Tom (Sanctuary 2000). Thompson's book, Black and White and Blue: Erotic Cinema from the Victorian Age to the VCR, was published in autumn 2007.
- Sandall, Robert. Cream by Dave Thompson. Times Online. 17 April 2005.
List of reviewed books (partial)
- Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell (New York Times)
- Bayou Underground (Wall Street Journal)
- Dancing Barefoot: The Patti Smith Story (The A.V. Club)
- I Hate New Music (PopMatters)
- London's Burning (PopMatters)
- "It's Not Only Rock'n'Roll" (Dave Thompson Books)
|This article about a non-fiction writer from the United Kingdom or one of its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|