Davey Tree Expert Company
|Founded||Kent, Ohio, United States
|Karl J. Warnke (CEO)|
|Services||Arboriculture, Horticulture, Environmental and Consulting Services|
Number of employees
7,600owner = Employee owned
The Davey Tree Expert Company is an employee owned company that provides tree, utility, and lawn care services throughout the United States and Canada. It is the largest residential tree care company in North America. It was incorporated in 1909 in Kent, Ohio by John Davey, who is considered the father of the science of tree surgery. The company's core services include tree, utility services, large tree moving, commercial grounds management and consulting services. It has been employee owned since 1979 and is the largest employee-owned company in the state of Ohio and one of the top 20 largest in the United States. More than 7,000 people work for Davey in 45 U.S. states and six Canadian provinces.
- "The Davey Tree Expert Company 2014 Form 10-K" (PDF).
- "Lawn & Landscape Top 100" (PDF).
- "Davey: Father of Tree Surgery" (PDF). Heartland Science. The Ohio Academy of Science. 2005. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
- Grismer, Karl H. (1932). History of Kent (2001 Revision ed.). Kent, Ohio: Record Publishing (1932), Kent Historical Society (2001). p. 233.
- International Society of Arboriculture ISA website
- "The Employee Ownership 100". NCEO website. The National Center for Employee Ownership. 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Davey Tree Expert Company.|
- Pfleger, Robert E. (1977). Green Leaves: A History of The Davey Tree Expert Company. Chester, Connecticut, USA: Pequot Press. ISBN 978-0-87106-081-5.
- International Directory of Company Histories. The Davey Tree Expert Company 11. St. James Press. 1995. Retrieved 15 June 2010.
|This article about a corporation in the service industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|