Aronson has taught at Boston University since 1955, where he formed the Fine Art Department. As an artist, he has exhibited in Chicago, Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Rome, Berlin and Copenhagen, among others. His work is represented in over forty museums.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
- Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
- The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Guggenheim Fellowship - List of Guggenheim Fellowships awarded in 1960
- Election as Academician at the National Academy of Design, New York in 1967
- Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Hebrew College, Newton, Massachusetts.
- "David Aronson papers, 1935-1983". Research collections. Archives of American Art. 2011. Retrieved 17 Jun 2011.
This is not the correct artist.