David Axe in 2011
Since 2005, Axe has reported from the United Kingdom, Iraq, Lebanon, Japan, East Timor, Afghanistan, Somalia, Chad, Nicaragua, Kenya, Gabon, Congo and other countries. He is a regular contributor to The Diplomat, Wired and many others, he also shoots video for Voice of America.
Axe is a contributing editor at Warships Fleet International.
- War Fix: Graphic novel war memoir.
- Army 101: Account of army ROTC life centered around students at the University of South Carolina in the early 2000s.
- War Bots: Examination of the technological, strategic and moral implication of the use of robots in warfare.
- War is Boring: Collaboration with artist Matt Bors.
- From A to B: The story of modern logistics and how it underpins American power.
- The Accidental Candidate: The Rise and Fall of Alvin Greene
- Army of God: Joseph Kony's War in Central Africa: Drawn from on-the-ground reporting, Army of God is the first-ever graphic account of the global phenomenon surrounding Kony—from the devastation he has left behind to the long campaign to defeat him for good
- David Axe & Steve Olexa (2006). War Fix. NBM Publishing.
- David Axe (2007). Army 101: Inside ROTC in a Time of War. University of South Carolina Press.
- David Axe (2008). War Bots: How U.S. Military Robots Are Transforming War In Iraq, Afghanistan, And The Future. Nimble Books.
- David Axe & Matt Bors (2010). War is Boring: Bored Stiff, Scared to Death in the World's Worst War Zones. NAL Trade.
- David Axe (2011). From A to B: How Logistics Fuels American Power and Prosperity. Potomac Books.
- David Axe (2012). The Accidental Candidate: The Rise and Fall of Alvin Greene. [David Axe (Author), Corey Hutchins (Author), Blue Delliquanti(Illustrator) www.ohumanstar.com, Dre Lopez (Cover Design)] CreateSpace.
- David Axe & Tim Hamilton (2013). Army of God: Joseph Kony's War in Central Africa. PublicAffairs.
- 'War is Boring Contributors', War is Boring, accessed 11 August 2011.