David Bailey (rugby league)
December 5, 1969 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|19??–1992||Te Atatu Roosters|
|1992–1993||New Zealand Māori|
Bailey was a Te Atatu Roosters junior and played for them in the Auckland competition. Bailey also represented Ponsonby. He made his debut for Auckland in 1991 and represented the New Zealand Māori side at the 1992 Pacific Cup.
In the early-nineties he traveled to England and played for the Rochdale Hornets, before returning to New Zealand for the 1994 Lion Red Cup. He played in 17 matches for the Waitakere City Raiders that year, scoring 84 points. At the end of the season he was signed by the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats.
In 1996 he returned to New Zealand, playing again for the Waitakere City Raiders in the Lion Red Cup. He was part of the side that lost the 1996 Grand Final, although he did score a try in that match.
He was an Auckland representative from 1992-1996.
- Coffey, John; Wood, Bernie (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908-2008. Huia Publishers. pp. 276–279. ISBN 978-1-86969-331-2.
- Ponsonby United Rugby League Club Auckland Rugby League
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1991 New Zealand Rugby League, 1991. p.21
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1994, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1994. p.121
- David Bailey rugbyleague.co.nz, 1997
- Bartercard Cup Round 14 Teams rleague.com, 22 June 2001
- Jessup, Peter (4 October 2007). "League: Price in all black for historic tour". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 27 September 2011.