Bankier's most influential work covered the role of public opinion in Nazi Germany, specifically opinion relevant to Nazi anti-Semitism and to the Nazi Holocaust. His work on this topic involved extensive original research into Sopade reports as well as the internal documentation of the Sicherheitsdienst (SD) regarding German public opinion.
- Ethan Bronner, "David Bankier, Scholar of Holocaust, Dies at 63", New York Times, February 28, 2010, available at link.
- Bankier, David. The Germans and the Final Solution: Public Opinion Under Nazism (Wiley-Blackwell, 2006)
- About David Bankier, in Yad Vashem website
- David Bankier's Path in Holocaust Research - an article by Prof. Dan Michman, in Yad Vashem website
- An article by David Bankier about the relations between the Gestapo and the German population during Nazi period, in Yad Vashem website
- An interview with David Bankier about the Holocaust, its perpetrators, its reasons and its uniqueness, in Yad Vashem website
|This article about a German historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|