David Barker (zoologist)
David Barker (c.1923 – January 2009) was a United Kingdom zoologist and neurologist specialising in animal neuroanatomy. He was professor emeritus of zoology at the University of Durham and is honoured by the annual award of the David Barker Prize in Zoology. In February 1963 he published Zoology and Medical Research.
Barker studied anatomy at the University of Oxford from 1941 to 1943 under the tutellage of John Zachary Young. Until his death in January 2009 he lived in Durham with his wife, the author Pat Barker. His daughter is the novelist Anna Ralph. His son is also married with children.
- Zoology and Medical Research (University of Durham, 1963) ISBN 0-900926-41-4
- 'Prizes awarded annually in Biological Sciences', Durham University School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences (13 September 2007). Retrieved 4 January 2009].
- Bryan B. Boycott, 'John Zachary Young - 18 March 1907-4 July 1997', Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society, Vol. 44, (Nov., 1998), pp. 487-509
- "Novelist Pat Barker". Journal Live. 30 January 2010.
- Peter Kemp. 'Pat Barker's last battle?', The Sunday Times, 1 July 2007.
- Kennedy Fraser, 'Ghost Writer', The New Yorker, 17 March 2008