David Baron (Messianic leader)
|Occupation||Co-founder of Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel, author, and public speaker.|
|Spouse(s)||Fanny Baron (nee Kingsford)|
|Parent(s)||Mordecai and Sarah Baron|
Together with co-founder Charles Andrew Schönberger (1841 – 1924), they began the Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel missionary organization, in London, with the purpose of converting Jews to Hebrew Christianity. Schönberger founded a branch mission in Berlin in 1921. In addition to writing several books, Baron also contributed articles to the periodical The Scattered Nation. He was a leader in the Hebrew Christian movements of the Haskalah (Jewish Enlightenment) period in Europe.
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
Works by David Baron
- Rays of Messiah's Glory (1886)
- The Jewish Problem - Its Solution or, Israel's Present and Future (1891)
- The Ancient Scriptures and the Modern Jew (1900)
- A Divine Forecast of Jewish History. A Proof of the Supernatural Element (1905)
- Types, Psalms, and Prophecies: Being a Series of Old Testament Studies. (1906)
- Israel's Inalienable Possessions: The Gifts and the Calling of God Which are Without Repentance (1906)
- The Shepherd of Israel and His scattered flock; a solution of the enigma of Jewish history. (1910)
- History of the Ten Lost Tribes: Anglo-Israelism Examined (1915)
- The Visions and Prophecies of Zechariah (1918)
- The Servant of Jehovah: The sufferings of the Messiah and the Glory that Should Follow. An Exposition of Isaiah LIII. (1922)
- The History of Israel: Its Spiritual Significance (19—)
- Original publication date for the first printing of this work, see British Library Integrated Catalogue
- The source printing lacked a publication date in the Title page and Verso. This date was determined using copyright records from the British Library Integrated Catalogue
- A WorldCat search indicates the original lacked a publication date, as indicated by the notation [n.d.] in the listings. A 1925 edition listed in the British Library Integrated Catalogue may prove to be a reprint.
- A reprint has been published by Keren Ahvah Meshihit increasing the likelihood of a Public Domain original.
- Messianic Testimony the successor organization to Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel founded by David Baron.
- Scattered Nation (1-12) a periodical produced by Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel and edited by David Baron.
- Scattered Nation (13-28) a periodical produced by Hebrew Christian Testimony to Israel and edited by David Baron.