David Barsamian is an Armenian-American radio broadcaster, writer, and the founder and director of Alternative Radio, the Boulder, Colorado-based syndicated weekly talk program heard on some 150 radio stations in various countries.
Barsamian started working in radio in 1978 at KGNU in Boulder, Colorado and then KRZA in Alamosa, Colorado.
His interviews and articles also appear regularly in The Progressive, The Nation, and Z Magazine. Barsamian also lectures on U.S. foreign policy, corporate control, the media, and propaganda. He is a member of the Campaign for Peace and Democracy.
As a writer, Barsamian is best known for his series of interviews with Noam Chomsky, which have been published in book form and translated into many languages, selling hundreds of thousands of copies worldwide.
Main works 
- Chronicles of Dissent (1992) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- Keeping the Rabble in Line (1994) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- The Pen and the Sword (1994) (interviews with Edward Said)
- Class Warfare (1996) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- The Common Good (1998) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- The Future of History (1999) (interviews with Howard Zinn)
- Confronting Empire (2000) (interviews with Eqbal Ahmad)
- The Decline and Fall of Public Broadcasting (2001)
- Propaganda and the Public Mind (2001) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- Terrorism: Theirs and Ours (2002) (interviews with Eqbal Ahmad)
- The Checkbook and the Cruise Missile (2003) (interviews with Arundhati Roy)
- Culture and Resistance (2003) (interviews with Edward Said)
- Louder Than Bombs: Interviews from The Progressive Magazine (May 2004)
- Imperial Ambitions: Conversations With Noam Chomsky On The Post-9/11 World (2005)
- Speaking of the Empire and Resistance: Interviews with Tariq Ali (2005)
- Original Zinn: Conversations on History and Politics with David Barsamian (2006)
- Targeting Iran (2007) (Interviews with Noam Chomsky, Ervand Abrahamian and Nahid Mozaffari)
- What We Say Goes: Conversations on U.S. Power in a Changing World (2009) (Interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- Occupy the Economy: Challenging Capitalism (2012) (Interviews with Richard Wolff)
- Power Systems: Conversations on Global Democratic Uprisings and the New Challenges to U.S. Empire (2013) (Interviews with Noam Chomsky)
Other collections 
- The Chomsky Trilogy (1994) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
- Secrets, Lies and Democracy
- The Prosperous Few and the Restless Many
- What Uncle Sam Really Wants
- 9-11 (2001) (interviews with Noam Chomsky)
See also 
External links