Binn in November 2009
|No. 50, 54|
|Date of birth:||February 6, 1972|
|Place of birth:||San Mateo, California|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||223 lb (101 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
David Aaron Binn (born February 6, 1972) is an American football long snapper who played in the National Football League (NFL) for eighteen seasons. He played college football for the University of California, Berkeley. He was signed by the San Diego Chargers as an undrafted free agent in 1994.
Binn, who is Jewish as is his father, attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California, and was a letterwinner in football, basketball, and golf. In football, he was a two-time All-Peninsula Athletic League honoree. He then played college football as a linebacker and long snapper for the University of California, Berkeley.
In the NFL, he has made himself known as one of the best longsnappers in the business. October 12, 2006, was Binn's 200th game. He joined Junior Seau and Russ Washington as the only other Charger players with more than 200 games played for the team.
Binn surpassed Junior Seau and Russ Washington with his 201st career game played as a Charger on November 19, 2006 making him the all-time leader. He was selected for the first time to the 2007 Pro Bowl squad, making him the eleventh selection from the 2006 Chargers chosen to represent the AFC in Hawaii. Binn suffered a hamstring injury in Week 1 of 2010 that ended his team-record streak of 179 consecutive games played.
Binn signed with the Denver Broncos on 1/13/12, one day before the playoff game against the Patriots.
- "Binn on Pro-Football-Reference". rbref.com. Retrieved December 22, 2007.
- "Pigskin Hebrews, 2009 edition". Jweekly.com. September 24, 2009. Retrieved May 31, 2010.
- "2011 NFL Football Preview". Jewish Sports Review 8 (87): 6–7. September–October 2011.
- Chargers.com – Team » Roster » #50 David Binn | LS[dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Chargers release Binn". Chargers.com. August 30, 2011. Archived from the original on August 31, 2011.
- Wilson, Bernie (August 30, 2011). "Chargers release veteran long snapper Binn". Associated Press. Archived from the original on August 31, 2011.
- Published 5/9/07 by. "Pamela Anderson Says All Men Are Girls Besides David Binn". Theinsider.com. Retrieved May 31, 2010.