|Full name||David Thomas Hugh Buchanan|
|Date of birth||6 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Rochdale, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Defender, left back|
|Current club||Preston North End|
|?||Roach Dynamos JFC|
|2012–||Preston North End||33||(0)|
|2004–2005||Northern Ireland U19||7||(1)|
|2005–2008||Northern Ireland U21||15||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:43, 6 May 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Buchanan was released from Bury at the end of his contract. The club had offered Buchanan a new contract, however after previous failed negotiations and period of no response from the player following a new contract offer, the club sought a replacement player and issued a statement claiming that the club would not be held to ransom over contract negotiations.
He signed for Hamilton Academical in July 2010 before moving to Tranmere Rovers in the summer of 2011. The club offered him contract terms for the 2012-13 season. Although the club reported that he and his agent had agreed a two year contract, they reported on 24 May that Preston North End had agreed a deal with them.
Buchanan made his debut for Preston on 13 August 2012 against Huddersfield Town in the first round of the League Cup.
- "Buchanan earns N Ireland call-up". BBC Sport. 2004-11-30. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "I will not be held to ransom". Bury FC. 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Buchanan signs for Hamilton". ITV. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- Hilton, Nick (29 July 2011). "The arrival of David Buchanan should ramp up the competition for places at Tranmere Rovers". Wirral News. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Moore Rebuilding Squad". Tranmere Rovers FC. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- "Buchanan To Join Preston". Tranmere Rovers FC. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
|This biographical article relating to Northern Irish association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|