David C. Page
David C. Page, MD, is a professor of biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the director of the Whitehead Institute, where he has a laboratory devoted to the study of the Y-chromosome. His lab mapped the human Y chromosome in 1992. In 2003, his research group sequenced the human Y chromosome.
Early life and work
Page graduated from Swarthmore College with a degree in chemistry. He received his MD from Harvard Medical School in 1984 and was appointed a Whitehead Fellow. He was awarded a MacArthur Fellowship (a "genius" grant) two years later. He joined the faculty of the Whitehead Institute and MIT in 1988. In 1997, Page was awarded an Amory Prize for advances in reproductive biology by the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 2003, he received the Curt Stern Award from the American Society of Human Genetics. He has also won the March of Dimes Prize in Developmental Biology. In 2005 he was elected to the National Academy of Sciences. Later that same year he became the director of the Whitehead Institute at MIT.
- Skaletsky, H.; Kuroda-Kawaguchi, T.; Minx, P. J.; Cordum, H. S.; Hillier, L.; Brown, L. G.; Repping, S.; Pyntikova, T.; Ali, J.; Bieri, T.; Chinwalla, A.; Delehaunty, A.; Delehaunty, K.; Du, H.; Fewell, G.; Fulton, L.; Fulton, R.; Graves, T.; Hou, S. F.; Latrielle, P.; Leonard, S.; Mardis, E.; Maupin, R.; McPherson, J.; Miner, T.; Nash, W.; Nguyen, C.; Ozersky, P.; Pepin, K.; Rock, S. (2003). "The male-specific region of the human Y chromosome is a mosaic of discrete sequence classes". Nature 423 (6942): 825–837. doi:10.1038/nature01722. PMID 12815422.
- Whitehead Institute Faculty Page
- MIT Department of Biology Faculty Page
- Page, D. C. (2005). "Interview with Dr. David C. Page. 2002 AAFO Clinician of the Year". The Functional orthodontist 22 (2): 26–28. PMID 16536180.
- Page, D. C. (2004). "2003 Curt Stern Award address. On low expectation exceeded; or, the genomic salvation of the Y chromosome". American journal of human genetics 74 (3): 399–402. PMC 1182254. PMID 15053010.
- Page, D. (2011). "David Page". Nature Reviews Genetics 12 (7): 458. doi:10.1038/nrg3025. PMID 21606932.
- Trivedi, B. (2006). "Profile of David C. Page". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103 (8): 2471–2473. doi:10.1073/pnas.0600615103. PMC 1413862. PMID 16481618.
- New York Times article on Y chromosome sex anomalies
- More on David Page from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
|This article about a biologist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|