David Campos Guaderrama
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas|
April 30, 2012
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||David Briones|
|United States Magistrate Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas|
October 2010 – April 30, 2012
|Born||1954 (age 59–60)
Las Cruces, New Mexico, U.S.
|Alma mater||New Mexico State University,
University of Notre Dame
David Campos Guaderrama (born 1954) is a United States District Judge for the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Guaderrama was born in Las Cruces, New Mexico and spent the early part of his life in Deming, New Mexico. His family moved to El Paso, Texas in 1966, where he graduated from Cathedral High School in 1972. Guaderrama received his B.A. in 1975 from New Mexico State University and his J.D. in 1979 from the University of Notre Dame Law School. He entered solo private practice in 1979 and became a partner of Guaderrama and Guaderrama from 1980 to 1986. He served as Chief Public Defender of El Paso County, Texas from 1987 to 1994. Guaderrama served as District Judge of the 243rd District Court of Texas in El Paso from 1995 to 2010. Judges of Texas district courts are elected in partisan elections: Guaderrama ran under the Democratic Party banner. In October 2010, he was appointed magistrate judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Federal judicial nomination
On September 14, 2011, Barack Obama nominated Guaderrama to be District Judge on the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, to the seat vacated by Judge David Briones who took senior status on February 26, 2009. On November 2, 2011, he received a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee and his nomination was reported to the floor on December 1, 2011.
|Cristina Calvar||University of Notre Dame||2012-2014|
|Michael Meredith||University of Washington||2013-2015|
- Borunda, Daniel (July 20, 2011). "Senators push El Pasoan David Guaderrama for federal judgeship". El Paso Times. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "El Paso County: election results".
- The White House: Office of the Press Secretary (September 14, 2011). "President Obama Nominates Judge David Campos Guaderrama to the United States District Court". whitehouse.gov. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- Biographical Directory of Federal Judges
- David Campos Guaderrama at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|