Caspe at the PaleyFest Fall TV Previews 2014 for Marry Me
|Born||David Herbert Caspe
October 20, 1978
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film & TV Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Casey Wilson (m. 2014)|
Life and career
David Herbert Caspe was born on October 20, 1978 in San Francisco, California and grew up in Chicago, Illinois. In 2006, Caspe moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in screenwriting. In 2010, his screenplay for I Hate You, Dad (later re-titled That's My Boy) was picked up by Sony and Happy Madison productions. The film starred Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, and was released on June 15, 2012.
Caspe's ABC series Happy Endings ran for three seasons, ending its run on May 3, 2013. As well as creating the series, he was also the executive producer and co-showrunner. He went on to create the NBC sitcom Marry Me, which he again collaborated on with his wife Casey Wilson (they had previously met on Happy Endings), the premise was loosely based on Wilson and Caspe's relationship. The series starred Wilson and Ken Marino as a newly engaged couple and ran for one season from 2014 to 2015. Caspe is known to set his shows in his hometown of Chicago.
Caspe married actress Casey Wilson on May 25, 2014 in Ojai, California in a traditional Jewish wedding service. The ceremony was officiated by Wilson's brother Fletcher, who became a Universal Life minister for the event. Caspe and Wilson originally met in early 2010 when she auditioned for his ABC series Happy Endings and started dating a year later in July 2011. They got engaged over Labor Day weekend in September 2013. They have one child, a son, born in May 2015.
Film and television credits
- 2011–2013: Happy Endings (creator, executive producer, director - ABC Series)
- 2012: That's My Boy (screenwriter)
- 2014: Cuz-Bros (co-creator, executive producer - CBS Sitcom Pilot)
- 2014: Duty (executive producer - Comedy Central Pilot)
- 2014–2015: Marry Me (creator, executive producer - NBC Series)
- California Birth Index. "David Herbert Caspe, Born 10/20/1978 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- McRady, Rachel (May 26, 2014). "Casey Wilson Married! Happy Endings Star Wed David Caspe in Intimate California Wedding". Us Weekly. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Mallozzi, Vincent (May 24, 2014). "Their Life Is a Laugh Riot". New York Times. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Webber, Stephanie (September 21, 2013). "Casey Wilson Engaged to David Caspe, Creator of Happy Endings". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
- Marquina, Sierra (May 21, 2015). "Casey Wilson Gives Birth to First Child". Us Weekly. Retrieved May 22, 2015.