October 20, 1978 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation||Film & TV Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Casey Wilson (m. 2014)|
David Caspe (born October 20, 1978 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American film and television writer. He is the creator of the ABC comedy series Happy Endings (2011–2013) and the upcoming NBC sitcom Marry Me.
Life and career
Caspe graduated with a MFA from New York’s School of Visual Arts in 2005 and from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 2000. After graduating from New York’s School of Visual Arts, he began a career as a painter and held several exhibitions of his large-format photography, video, sculptures and other mixed-media work. In 2006, Caspe moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in screenwriting. In 2010, his screenplay for I Hate You, Dad (later re-titled That's My Boy) was picked up by Sony and Happy Madison productions. The film starred Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, and was released on June 15, 2012. Caspe's script for the upcoming comedy Ladies Night starring Charlize Theron is set to began filming in 2014, with Fred Savage attached to direct.
Caspe married actress Casey Wilson on May 25, 2014 in Ojai, California. The ceremony was officiated by Wilson's brother Fletcher, who became a Universal Life minister for the event. Caspe and Wilson originally met in early 2010 when she auditioned for his ABC series Happy Endings and started dating a year later in July 2011. They got engaged over Labor Day weekend in September 2013. Wilson is currently starring in Caspe's upcoming NBC comedy series Marry Me, from a pilot script which Caspe based loosely on their relationship and recent engagement.
Film and television credits
- 2011–2013: Happy Endings (creator, executive producer, director - ABC Series)
- 2012: That's My Boy (screenwriter)
- 2014: Cuz-Bros (co-creator, executive producer - CBS Sitcom Pilot)
- 2014: Duty (executive producer) (Comedy Central Pilot)
- 2014–present: Marry Me (creator, executive producer - NBC Series)
- McRady, Rachel (May 26, 2014). "Casey Wilson Married! Happy Endings Star Wed David Caspe in Intimate California Wedding". Us Weekly. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Mallozzi, Vincent (May 24, 2014). "Their Life Is a Laugh Riot". New York Times. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Webber, Stephanie (September 21, 2013). "Casey Wilson Engaged to David Caspe, Creator of Happy Endings". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 21, 2013.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|