Caspe at the PaleyFest Fall TV Previews 2014 for Marry Me
|Born||David Herbert Caspe
October 20, 1978
San Francisco, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Film & TV Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Casey Wilson (m. 2014)|
Life and career
Caspe graduated with a MFA from New York’s School of Visual Arts in 2005 and from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 2000. After graduating from New York’s School of Visual Arts, he began a career as a painter and held several exhibitions of his large-format photography, video, sculptures and other mixed-media work. In 2006, Caspe moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in screenwriting. In 2010, his screenplay for I Hate You, Dad (later re-titled That's My Boy) was picked up by Sony and Happy Madison productions. The film starred Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg, and was released on June 15, 2012. Caspe's script for the upcoming comedy Ladies Night starring Charlize Theron currently has Fred Savage attached to direct.
Caspe is once again collaborating with his wife Casey Wilson (they met working together on Happy Endings) on his new NBC sitcom Marry Me, which premiered on October 14, 2014. The series stars Wilson and Ken Marino as an engaged couple, the premise is loosely based on Caspe and Wilson's relationship.
Caspe married actress Casey Wilson on May 25, 2014 in Ojai, California in a traditional Jewish wedding service. The ceremony was officiated by Wilson's brother Fletcher, who became a Universal Life minister for the event. Caspe and Wilson originally met in early 2010 when she auditioned for his ABC series Happy Endings and started dating a year later in July 2011. They got engaged over Labor Day weekend in September 2013. Wilson currently stars in his new NBC series Marry Me, which Caspe based loosely on their relationship. On November 13, 2014, US Weekly reported the couple are expecting their first child in spring 2015.
Film and television credits
- 2011–2013: Happy Endings (creator, executive producer, director - ABC Series)
- 2012: That's My Boy (screenwriter)
- 2014: Cuz-Bros (co-creator, executive producer - CBS Sitcom Pilot)
- 2014: Duty (executive producer) (Comedy Central Pilot)
- 2014–present: Marry Me (creator, executive producer - NBC Series)
- California Birth Index. "David Herbert Caspe, Born 10/20/1978 in California". California Birth Index. Retrieved January 13, 2015.
- McRady, Rachel (May 26, 2014). "Casey Wilson Married! Happy Endings Star Wed David Caspe in Intimate California Wedding". Us Weekly. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Mallozzi, Vincent (May 24, 2014). "Their Life Is a Laugh Riot". New York Times. Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Webber, Stephanie (September 21, 2013). "Casey Wilson Engaged to David Caspe, Creator of Happy Endings". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 21, 2013.