||This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (April 2013)
|Also known as
||Memphis, Tennessee, USA
||Stoner rock, hard rock, desert rock, garage rock revival, blues-rock
||Musician, songwriter, producer
||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, piano, keyboard, lap steel, twelve-string guitar
||Queens Of The Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Tex and the Horseheads, The Ringling Sisters, earthlings?, Mondo Generator, Smith & Pyle, Masters of Reality, Star & Dagger
|Gibson Flying V
David (Dave) Catching (born June 7, 1961) is an American musician from Memphis, Tennessee.
Catching has played the guitar for well-known hard rock bands Eagles of Death Metal, Queens of the Stone Age, Tex and the Horseheads, The Ringling Sisters, earthlings?, Mondo Generator and the Masters of Reality. He is also a member of Yellow#5, and the Gnarltones.
Recently Catching has been associated with the desert country rock band, Smith & Pyle. He contributed to their debut album It's OK to be Happy, recorded at Rancho de la Luna and released in 2008.
Catching is also a co-owner and founder of The Rancho De La Luna recording studio in Joshua Tree, California, and currently resides in Joshua Tree.
With the Eagles of Death Metal, Catching plays his 1980's Gibson Flying V through a tuner and distortion pedal and Supro amplifier with a 2x12 cabinet. He also uses an Ampeg Dan Armstrong guitar when playing with Eagles of Death Metal. He is also endorsed by and uses coiled red Bullet Cable. During recordings he also uses some of Jesse Hughes's Matons.
With the earthlings?, he uses his 1958 Fender Stratocaster or his 1972 double cutaway Gibson Les Paul through a tuner and a distortion Rat pedal.
- The Modifiers (1980's]
- 60 Watt Reality (The Ringling Sisters, 1990)
- Queens of the Stone Age (Queens of the Stone Age, 1998)
- The Desert Sessions 5 & 6 (1999)
- Rated R (Queens of the Stone Age, 2000)
- Human Beans (earthlings?, 2001)
- Songs for the Deaf (Queens of the Stone Age, 2002)
- A Drug Problem That Never Existed (Mondo Generator, 2003)
- III the EP (Mondo Generator, 2004)
- Lullabies to Paralyze (Queens of the Stone Age, 2005)
- Death By Sexy... (Eagles of Death Metal, 2006)
- Neptune (The Duke Spirit, 2008)
- Humalien (earthlings?, 2009)