David Chacón Perez
|David Chacón Perez|
|Occupation||Producer and artistic director|
David Chacón Perez (born July 26 in Caracas, Venezuela) is a producer and artistic director with experience in the fields of TV entertainment, network news, special events, spectacles and theater. He has developed most of his career in Miami, Florida, where he currently resides since 2000.
As a writer, he has created short commercial capsules for Galavisión (USA) Network, owned by Univision Communications, Inc.. As Artistic Director he has been working in reality shows like Nuestra Belleza Latina and special events for the Univision Network, and currently works exclusively as the Artistic Director of "Grachi", Winner of the Kids Choice Awards ("The Best TV Series of 2010) create by Nickelodeon Latin America Network, part of MTV Networks/Viacom Satellite Broadcasting).
He has participated in more than one hundred productions with companies in the United States, Venezuela, Mexico, Panama, Canada and Europe. His background includes work as an actor, set, costume and graphic designer, casting director, event coordinator, art director, executive producer and artistic director.
In 1991, David managed the casting and artistic director of "Tierra de Gracia", an Iwerks Entertainment 70mm entertainment film. Presents a travelogue of the rich culture, geography and locales of Venezuela. Making its premiere at Seville Expo '92, Spain, the film's climax is a dramatic sky dive from Angel Falls the tallest waterfall in the world.
A year later, David was art director of "Joseph Conrad", a TV mini-series about the author, directed by Román Chalbaud for TVF France Télévisions. David’s experience as a theater director led him to be the casting director of “Tosca, la verdadera historia”, a feature film directed by Iván Feo. Drawing on his knowledge of props and costume design, he art directed a number of TV mini-series’ and soap operas for the Radio Caracas Televisión (RCTV) television network. He then worked as artistic director recreating the 18th century milieu in soap operas for Venevisión International, a television network owned by Cisneros Group.
David was creator and producer of television programs such as “Constructores de un País”, a travel show which appeared in several countries. He was writer, producer and direct of a TV documentary mini-series called “Venezuela's 20 Century”, highlighting the work and lives of inventors, scientists, artists and athletes. He was creator, producer and director of “The Body Chef”, a health-oriented morning magazine TV show, traveling and preparing meals around Miami. As an Art Director Emmy Award winning TV Mini-Series “Gabriel”, for Mega Films.
David has also held positions of freelance producer, casting director and art director for more than 35 TV commercials for clients such as Visa Inc., Procter & Gamble. He has produced and directs, innovative Theater plays, spectacles, opera, ballet, live concerts, fashion shows, corporative events, and new product launches.
Since he has been residing in Miami produced and directed more than 10 plays in the last 9 years. These include the renowned play by Terrence McNally, “Andrew’s Mother,” that introduced McNally to the Spanish Latin Theater, and also the famed, off Broadway Musical, “Nunsense,” by Dan Goggin.
He also produced the “Miami International Ballet Festival” for three consecutive years. Furthermore, while in Canada, he worked with the multimedia theater company, “Leux Du Monde”. He also created and directed the musical, “Emperadores de la Antartida”, a spectacle inspired from the documentary, “The March of the Penguins,” opened in Mexico City. He also has created a number of spectacles in Cancun and Las Vegas.
His most recent award was for Artistic Director of the musical “Emperadores de la Antártida”, named Best Mexican Musical by the APT (Asociación de Periodistas Teatrales) in 2007.
He received a proclamation by Miami-Dade Commissioner, Joe Sánchez, in 2005. His work was mentioned for Best Production as a television producer in 2002 by Advertising and Marketing Magazine, and he received a Theater Municipal Award in 2000.
- "Grachi conquista los Kids' Choice Awards de Nickelodeon". People en Español. 09/06/2011. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- "TV Production. Producing tween telenovelas finds a home in Miami". The Miami Herald. 2011-01-25. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Theatre in Venezuela: Avant Première". Revista "Informe 21". 06/05/2009. Retrieved 2011-08-30.
- "Bambalinas. Espectáculos en Miami". La Nación newspaper. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Broadway en Nuestra Belleza Latina". Univision. 2011-04-14. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Con pasos de reina. La actitud es la clave del éxito". Univision Marta González/Univision.com. 04/05/2011. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "David Chacón es parte de Nuestra Belleza Latina 2010". Univision. 2010-04-22. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- David Chacón Perez Bio at IMDb.
- "David Chacón en Nuestra Belleza Latina. Conoce a las 12 finalistas. Los jueces hicieron su selección". Univision. 05/04/2010. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- ""La Máxima Felicidad" llega a Miami". Miami Globo Theater. Teatro en Miami. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Comedia del peruano Jaime Nieto en el Miami Globo Theater dirigida por David Chacón Perez". Eventos y Mas Magazine. 2008-03-24. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Hermana Act directed by David Chacón Perez". Miami New Times. 01/08/2006. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- "Director Venezolano David Chacón Estrena reality Show en Miami". Analítica Magazine. 2008-03-24. Retrieved 2011-08-29.
- Official Site (English)(Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Chacón Perez.|