David Davis (footballer)
|Full name||David Lowell Davis|
|Date of birth||20 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Smethwick, England|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Current club||Wolverhampton Wanderers|
|2009||→ Darlington (loan)||5||(0)|
|2010||→ Walsall (loan)||7||(0)|
|2011||→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)||19||(2)|
|2011–2012||→ Inverness CT (loan)||14||(1)|
|2012||→ Chesterfield (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Davis joined the youth ranks of Wolverhampton Wanderers from Tividale in 2008, before signing professional forms in May 2009. He made his senior debut on 24 October 2009 during a loan spell for Darlington in an away fixture with Barnet.
Davis moved on loan again during the 2011–12 season, as he joined Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 31 August 2011 until 9 January. He rejected the chance to extend this loan deal, and opted to return to Wolves at the conclusion of it.
The midfielder again moved on loan in January 2012, when he joined League One side Chesterfield, a move cut short after Wolves recalled him to cover for injuries. He made his Premier League debut in Wolves' 0–2 defeat to Blackburn Rovers on 10 March 2012, the first of seven top flight appearances as the team unsuccessfully battled relegation under Terry Connor. Towards the end of the 2011-12 season, which Wolves were relegated, Davis signed a three-year contract until 2015.
Upon returning to the Championship, Davis featured regularly in the team. In March 2013, he scored a bizarre own goal against Bristol City when his backpass went through the legs of goalkeeper Carl Ikeme to give the opposition the lead, though Wolves finished as 2–1 winners. His season was cut short though when he suffered an ankle injury against Bolton on 6 April 2013 which ruled him out for the rest of the campaign, which ended in the club being relegated to League One.
- "Premier League clubs submit squad lists". premierleague.com (Premier League). 1 September 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "Premier League Player Profile". Premier League. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers David Davis agrees Walsall loan". BBC Sport. 9 September 2010.
- "Wolves loan young midfielder David Davis to Shrews". BBC Sport. 31 January 2011.
- "Contracts finalised for young quintet". wolves.co.uk. 24 March 2011.
- "Wolves' David Davis joins Inverness on loan". BBC Sport. 31 August 2011.
- "Wolves' David Davis ends Inverness stay". BBC Sport. 5 January 2012.
- "Chesterfield sign Wolves midfielder David Davis on loan". BBC Sport. 13 January 2012.
- "David Davis set for Premier League debut". Express & Star. 7 March 2012.
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers' David Davis signs new three-year deal". BBC Sport. 25 April 2012.
- "Comedy own goal: David Davis (Wolves) vs Bristol City". inside World Soccer. 17 March 2013.
- "David Davis: Wolves midfielder likely to be the latest to miss run-in". BBC Sport. 9 April 2013.