David Davis (footballer)
Davis pictured in August 2014
|Full name||David Lowell Davis|
|Date of birth||20 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Smethwick, England|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2009||→ Darlington (loan)||5||(0)|
|2010||→ Walsall (loan)||7||(0)|
|2011||→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)||19||(2)|
|2011–2012||→ Inverness CT (loan)||14||(1)|
|2012||→ Chesterfield (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:20, 27 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Davis progressed from the youth academy of Wolverhampton Wanderers to debut for the club in the Premier League in 2012. He failed to become a consistent member of their starting team though over the following two seasons at lower levels and departed for neighbours Birmingham City in August 2014.
Davis joined the youth ranks of Wolverhampton Wanderers from Tividale in 2008, before signing professional forms in May 2009. He made his senior debut on 24 October 2009 during a loan spell for Darlington in an away fixture with Barnet.
Davis moved on loan again during the 2011–12 season, as he joined Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 31 August 2011 until 9 January. He rejected the chance to extend this loan deal, and opted to return to Wolves at the conclusion of it.
The midfielder again moved on loan in January 2012, when he joined League One side Chesterfield, a move cut short after Wolves recalled him to cover for injuries. He made his Premier League debut in Wolves' 2–0 defeat to Blackburn Rovers on 10 March 2012, the first of seven top flight appearances as the team unsuccessfully battled relegation under Terry Connor. Towards the end of the 2011-12 season, Davis signed a three-year contract running until 2015.
Upon returning to the Championship, Davis featured regularly in the team. In March 2013, he scored an own goal against Bristol City when his backpass went through the legs of goalkeeper Carl Ikeme to give the opposition the lead, though Wolves finished as 2–1 winners. His season was cut short when he suffered an ankle injury against Bolton Wanderers on 6 April which ruled him out for the rest of the campaign, which ended in the club being relegated to League One.
Davis played a part in Wolves' promotion out of League One at the first attempt, but he did not feature at all during the final three months of the campaign. During the close season, the club tried to loan him out to Barnsley but the move fell through.
On 11 August 2014 Davis moved to West Midlands neighbours Birmingham City of the Championship for an undisclosed fee. Viewed as a replacement for Tom Adeyemi, who had just left for Cardiff City, Davis signed a two-year deal with the option of a further year. He made his debut the next day in the starting eleven for the first-round League Cup win against Cambridge United, and went on to establish himself in Birmingham's midfield. He scored his first goal for the club on 4 October, a second-half equaliser away to Charlton Athletic, with a "crisp drive inside the post from a tight angle".
- As of match played 26 December 2014
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Wolverhampton Wanderers||2009–10||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|Wolverhampton Wanderers total||53||0||2||0||5||0||1||0||61||0|
|Darlington (loan)||2009–10||League Two||5||0||1||0||—||—||6||0|
|Walsall (loan)||2010–11||League One||7||0||—||—||—||7||0|
|Shrewsbury Town (loan)||2010–11||League Two||19||2||—||—||2[b]||0||21||2|
|Inverness Caledonian Thistle (loan)||2011–12||Scottish Premier League||14||1||1||0||—||—||15||1|
|Chesterfield (loan)||2011–12||League One||9||0||—||—||2[a]||0||11||0|
- "Premier League clubs submit squad lists". premierleague.com (Premier League). 1 September 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "Premier League Player Profile". Premier League. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers David Davis agrees Walsall loan". BBC Sport. 9 September 2010.
- "Wolves loan young midfielder David Davis to Shrews". BBC Sport. 31 January 2011.
- "Contracts finalised for young quintet". wolves.co.uk. 24 March 2011.
- "Wolves' David Davis joins Inverness on loan". BBC Sport. 31 August 2011.
- "Wolves' David Davis ends Inverness stay". BBC Sport. 5 January 2012.
- "Chesterfield sign Wolves midfielder David Davis on loan". BBC Sport. 13 January 2012.
- "David Davis set for Premier League debut". Express & Star. 7 March 2012.
- "Wolverhampton Wanderers' David Davis signs new three-year deal". BBC Sport. 25 April 2012.
- "Championship: Wolves come from behind to seal 2-1 win over Bristol City". Sky Sports. 16 March 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "David Davis: Wolves midfielder likely to be the latest to miss run-in". BBC Sport. 9 April 2013.
- "Wolves' David Davis sees Barnsley loan switch fall through". Sky Sports. 25 July 2014.
- "Official: Blues bring in David Davis". Birmingham City F.C. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Games played by David Davis in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Tattum, Colin (4 October 2014). "Charlton 1 Birmingham City 1". Birmingham Mail. Retrieved 5 October 2014.
- "Games played by David Davis in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Games played by David Davis in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Games played by David Davis in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Games played by David Davis in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- "Games played by David Davis in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 13 August 2014.