|Movement||Lyrical Abstraction, Hard-Edge Painting, Pop art|
|Elected||National Academy (2012)|
Diao completed his undergraduate degree at Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio. Diao has served on the faculty at Hampshire College where he met Walid Raad, with whom he has collaborated. Diao's work was included at dOCUMENTA 13. His work is featured in the collection of the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, MoMA, the Whitney Museum of American Art, SFMOMA, among others. Diao taught at the Cooper Union in the early 70s and was then mostly doing color field painting made by squeegy-ing paint across a large canvas. In 2012, he was elected into the National Academy of Design.
Diao is currently represented by Postmasters in New York and Office Baroque in Brussels, Belgium.
- "Artist David Diao to Speak March 8 as Part of Visiting Artist Lecture Series". pratt.edu. Retrieved August 6, 2011.
- Waltemath, Joan (June 2012). "David Diao and Walid Raad". The Brooklyn Rail.
- "David Diao". Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "MoMA Collection". MoMA. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Whitney Museum of American Art : Artists in the collection". Whitney Museum of American Art. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Scarface". SFMOMA. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "National Academicians". National Academy. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an educator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|