|Full name||David Doherty|
|Date of birth||28 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Leeds, Yorkshire, England, UK|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||13 st 0 lb (83 kg)|
|School(s) attended||Mount St Mary's School
Notre Dame Catholic Sixth Form College
|Position(s)||Fullback / Wing|
|Current club||Leeds Carnegie|
|Sevens National teams|
|* Professional club appearances and points
counted for domestic first grade only.
David Doherty (born 28 January 1987 in Leeds, Yorkshire, England) is a rugby union player for the Leeds Carnegie in the RFU Championship. Doherty plays at fullback or on the wing and he can also operate in the centre's.
He joined Wasps after Leeds Tykes were relegated from the 2005-06 Guinness Premiership. He is a former rugby league junior with the Leeds Rhinos, but decided to pursue a career in the 15 a-side code.
In May 2008, it was announced that Doherty would be joining Sale Sharks on a two-year contract. His contract was not renewed by Sale and in June 2010 he was released. In October 2010, it was announced that he had signed for National League Two South team Jersey R.F.C.. Doherty made the perfect start to his Jersey career, scoring a try on his debut.
On 21 April 2011, it was announced that Doherty would be joining RFU Championship side the Cornish Pirates at the end of the 2010-11 RFU Championship. He finished the season as top try scorer for the Pirates with 14 in 24 Championship appearances and in 2012–13 will play for Leeds Carnegie.
- "Teenager Doherty signs for Wasps". BBC. 5 June 2006. Retrieved 13 January 2008.
- "Sharks sign Wasps winger Doherty". BBC News. 14 May 2008. Retrieved 1 May 2010.
- "Jersey sign David Doherty and James Copsey". BBC News. 22 October 2010. Retrieved 28 October 2010.
- "Jersey 32–18 Ealing Trailfinders". BBC News. 23 October 2010. Retrieved 28 October 2010.
- Walrond, Nigel (3 June 2012). "Dave surveys 'superb year'". The Independent (Plymouth). p. 50.
|This English rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|