May 17, 1964 |
Long Island, New York, United States of America
|Spouse(s)||Chrysti (Kotik) Eigenberg (2002-present; 2 children)|
David Eigenberg (born May 17, 1964) is an American actor best known for his long-running role as Steve Brady on the HBO sit-com Sex and the City and for his role as firefighter Christopher Herrmann on NBC's Chicago Fire.
Early life and education
Eigenberg was born in Manhasset, New York on Long Island and grew up in Naperville, Illinois. His mother, Beverly, owns pre-schools, and his father, Harry Eigenberg, is a retired certified public accountant. He has a younger sister, Betsy, and an older sister, Helen. Eigenberg was raised in his mother's Episcopalian religion (Eigenberg's father was Jewish). His family moved to Illinois when Eigenberg was four and moved all around the suburbs of Chicago. He acted for the first time at the age of 12 in a community theater production of Kurt Vonnegut's Happy Birthday, Wanda June. While playing football at Naperville Central High School, the quarterback on his team was Sean Payton, who is now the coach of the New Orleans Saints.
After graduating from high school in 1982, Eigenberg enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserve, serving for three years (1982–1986), and was Honorably Discharged at the rank of Lance Corporal.
His first recurring role was on Homicide: Life on the Street where he portrayed a copycat sniper before acting in The Practice. He voiced the role of Nermal in the movie Garfield. He also made an appearance on an episode of ER during the show's final season. He made an appearance in the movie Daybreak as well. He appeared in the American TV show Kings of Queens, the episode Flash Photography where he portrayed the groom of Carrie's annoying friend. He appeared in an episode of Ghost Whisperer alongside Jennifer Love Hewitt, and in CBS's NCIS as Ted Bankston, a former NSA Analyst who was suspected of mishandling classified information which was eventually proved to be true. His character, Bankston who had kidnapped Lee's daughter/sister, Amanda and had forced her to work for him was killed off during a stand-off between himself, Michelle Lee (Liza Lapira) and Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) in the Season 6 episode, "Dagger." Eigenberg had a recurring role in HBO series Sex and The City as Steve Brady, Miranda Hobbs's on and off again boyfriend and eventually husband.
Eigenberg appeared as a suspect in the 6th episode called Inner Child of the TV series Raines which first aired on April 20, 2007.
He appeared in the May 16, 2012 episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit entitled Strange Beauty.
- "Star File: David Eigenberg". Broadway Buzz. Broadway.com. Archived from the original on 2006-03-21. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- French, Franny and Rudy Joggerst. "Interview: David Eigenberg". reel.com. Archived from the original on November 28, 2007. Retrieved January 17, 2008.
- Powers, Annette (June 26, 2003). "5 Questions with David Eigenberg". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved December 10, 2007.
- "Quick Facts". David Eigneberg Online. Retrieved August 29, 2008.
- "Marines Who Have Made it in the Limelight". Marines Magazine (United States Marine Corps) 36 (1). January–March 2007. Archived from the original on July 31, 2008. Retrieved December 14, 2008.
- "Exclusive New Details: NCIS Gets Sexy". TV Guide. October 13, 2008. Retrieved October 14, 2008.
- It's a Boy of Sex and the City's David Eigenberg Celebrity Baby Blog, January 30, 2009
- David Eigenberg at the Internet Movie Database
- Eigenberg, David (July 11, 2001). David Eigenberg: 'Sex' and the single man. Interview with Blackman, Lori. Showbiz Today Star of Tomorrow. CNN.