|Team||University of California, Berkeley|
|Born||April 13, 1965|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
|Accomplishments and honors|
Pac-10 Coach of the Year: 2001
NCAA Coach of the Year: 2011
David Charles Esquer (born April 13, 1965) is the head coach of the California Golden Bears baseball team.
Esquer attended Palma High School in Salinas, California where he played basketball, football, and baseball. Esquer was team captain and MVP of the baseball team and was named his high school's athlete of the year. He attended Stanford University, where he was the shortstop on Stanford's 1987 College World Series national championship team and was named to the All-Tournament Team.
After graduating from Stanford with a bachelor's degree in economics and a master's degree in sociology in 1987, Esquer played three seasons in the minor league organizations of the Baltimore Orioles, California Angels, and Milwaukee Brewers.
In 1991, Esquer was hired by his college coach Mark Marquess as an assistant coach. In 1996, he was hired as an assistant coach of Pepperdine University's baseball team, handling recruiting, hitting instruction, infield coaching, and third base coach duties.
Following the 1999 season, Esquer was hired as head baseball coach at Cal. Through the 2010 season, Esquer has a career record of 316-290-2 (.521), has led the Bears to NCAA Regionals in 2001, 2008, and 2010, and was named Pacific-10 Conference coach of the year in 2001. In 2011, Esquer led the Bears back to their first College World Series appearance since 1992 and was named national baseball coach of the year by the National College Baseball Writers Association.
Head coaching record
|California Golden Bears (Pac-10/Pac-12) (2000–present)|
|2011||California||38-23||13-13||6th||College World Series|
National champion Postseason invitational champion
- "Player Bio: David Esquer". calbears.com. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- "David Esquer Minor League Statistics & History". baseball-reference.com. Retrieved April 15, 2011.
- FitzGerald, Tom (June 21, 2011). "Cal baseball coach David Esquer wins national honor". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- "2012 Pacific-12 Conference Baseball Media Guide". Pacific-12 Conference. Archived from the original on May 7, 2013. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- "2012 Pacific-12 Conference Baseball Standings". D1Baseball.com. Jeremy Mills. Archived from the original on May 7, 2013. Retrieved May 7, 2013.
- "2013 Pacific-12 Conference Baseball Standings". D1Baseball.com. Jeremy Mills. Archived from the original on June 3, 2013. Retrieved June 3, 2013.