|Full name||David Lee Foy|
|Date of birth||20 October 1972|
|Place of birth||Coventry, England|
|1992||→ Cobh Ramblers (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
David Lee Foy (born 20 October 1972) is an English former professional footballer who played as a midfielder in the Football League for Birmingham City and Scunthorpe United. Since playing in the Football League he has had a long career in non-league football and played for Stratford Town in the 2008–09 season.
Foy, born in Coventry, joined Birmingham City as a trainee in 1979, and turned professional two years later. He made his first-team debut as a substitute in the League Cup in November 1991, and the following year spent time on loan at League of Ireland club Cobh Ramblers. Foy made his Football League debut in Division One (second tier) on 13 February 1993 in a 3–2 home defeat to Portsmouth. He started the next two games, but soon afterwards was allowed to leave for Scunthorpe United on a free transfer. In his debut game he made a late goalline clearance which earned his club a 0–0 draw against Wrexham, but Scunthorpe released him at the end of the season and he joined Stafford Rangers.
After a season in the Conference with Stafford, Foy joined Tamworth, where he spent seven years. In his final season the club narrowly failed to win the Southern League league title, and Foy, not selected for the last few games of the campaign, was frustrated by his inability to contribute. In May 2002 he left Tamworth for Worcester City. Foy damaged a cruciate ligament only ten games into his Worcester career, and his two years at the club was disrupted by injury. He spent the last few months of the 2003–04 season on loan to Halesowen Town before being released by Worcester. He joined Conference North club Moor Green, but by December 2004 was being loaned out to Stratford Town in the Midland Alliance, and moved on to Southern League Division One West club Bedworth United at the end of the season. However, Foy's domestic circumstances meant that in March 2006 he chose to make a permanent move to Stratford Town to reduce the amount of travelling required.
- "Birmingham City : 1947/48–2007/08". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "Scunthorpe United : 1950/51–2007/08". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "18 Apr 09 Alvechurch 0 Stratford Town 2 League". Stratford Town F.C. 18 April 2009. Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- Matthews, Tony (1995). Birmingham City: A Complete Record. Derby: Breedon Books. p. 87. ISBN 978-1-85983-010-9.
- Matthews, p. 227.
- Matthews, p. 228.
- "Sporting Digest: Football". The Independent. 20 March 1993. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "The Iron Alphabet". Scunthorpe United F.C. Retrieved 29 May 2009.
- "Foy gears up to join fast lane for City". Worcester News. 18 May 2002. Retrieved 2 June 2009.
- "Barton targets summer changes". Worcester News. 13 May 2004. Retrieved 2 June 2009.
- "Altrincham FC Archived News 23 to 29 December 2004". Altrincham F.C. 25 December 2004. Retrieved 2 June 2009.
- "Foy boost for Greenbacks". NonLeague Daily. 11 July 2005. Retrieved 2 June 2009.
- "Hallam turns attention to next season". NonLeague Daily. 13 March 2006. Retrieved 2 June 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Foy.|