|Born||David Matthew Gallaher
June 5, 1975
(miscredited as Ken Wolak, David Gallagher)
|Notable works||Vampire: The Masquerade
Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar
Hulk: Winter Guard
|Awards||2007 Creative Excellence in Advertising Award
Comic Foundry Breakout Creator of 08
2008 Creative Excellence in Advertising Award
2009 Creative Excellence in Advertising Award
2009 Harvey Award for High Moon
David Matthew Gallaher (born June 5, 1975 in Honolulu) is an American writer, known of his work on such books as Vampire: The Masquerade, Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar, High Moon, Box 13' and Hulk: Winter Guard.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Bibliography
- 4.1 Archaia
- 4.2 Bottled Lightning
- 4.3 Moonstone Books
- 4.4 New York City Police Department
- 4.5 Sky Dog Press
- 4.6 Chalk Outline Studios
- 4.7 comiXology
- 4.8 Harris Publications
- 4.9 Image Comics
- 4.10 Visual Opinions Magazine
- 4.11 Global Knowledge
- 4.12 Glencoe/McGraw-Hill
- 4.13 Wildstorm
- 4.14 DC Comics
- 4.15 Marvel Comics
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 External links
David Gallaher was born June 5, 1975. According to an interview, during his formative years, Gallaher did not have a television. His first exposure to the 'moving picture' was in 1978 with the first Superman film. He attributes this event as being crucial in his career within the comics industry. In 1980, when his family got a television, he was blasted with all sorts of televised superhero material from Shazam! to Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends to Super Friends to The Incredible Hulk and Batman. According to an interview with Comics Worth Reading, Gallaher grew up in steeped in "Civil War history and dirty little secrets." His childhood environment is what he attributes to the creation of his series High Moon.[volume & issue needed] Gallaher is an alumnus of both Hood College and Goddard College.
Gallaher has written for Marvel Comics, the New York City Police Department, Moonstone Books, the CBLDF, Harris Publications and McGraw-Hill. His works include Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar, Annex, Moonstone Monsters, High Moon,[dead link]More Fund Comics, Vampirella, and Vampire: The Masquerade.
In July 2011, Gallaher began working as a consulting editor working on a broad range of titles for Kodansha including Sailor Moon, Gon, Negima and Arisa McDonald, Heidi (July 24, 2011). "David Gallaher to consult for Kodansha". The Beat.
- Immortals: Gods & Heroes (with artists Kevin Colden)
- The Only Living Boy (with artist and co-creator Steve Ellis)
- Moonstone Noir: Johnny Dollar (The Brief Candle Matter)
- Vampire: The Masquerade: Blood & Shadows (Tremere)
- Moonstone Monsters: Ghosts (incorrectly credited as Ken Wolak)
- Moonstone Monsters: trade paperback (incorrectly credited as Ken Wolak)
New York City Police Department
- NYPD Multimedia Presentation: "All In A Day's Work" CD Rom [2007 CEA Award Winner]
- NYPD Police 2008 Campaign: "MyNYPD" (2008 CEA Award Winner)
- NYPD Police 2008 Campaign: "MyNYPD" (2009 CEA Award Winner)
- NYPD Police 2005-2007 Campaign: "Only in NY, Only in the NYPD" (2007 CEA Award Winner)
- NYPD Sports: "What's Your Career Game Plan?" campaign
Sky Dog Press
- More Fund Comics (A Word From Our Sponsors) - where he appears as himself.
Chalk Outline Studios
- Box 13 (with artist and co-creator Steve Ellis), later published by Red 5 Comics
- Box 13: The Pandora Process (with artist and co-creator Steve Ellis)
- Vampirella Magazine #8-10
- Deadlands: The Devil's Six Gun (with artist Steve Ellis)
Visual Opinions Magazine
- Comix! Required Anatomy 101
- Introduction to Web Databases
- Networking Tools 2.0
- Glossary of Networking and Internetworking Terms
- Marketing Essentials
- Gen-Active #1 (Special Thanks credit)
- Iron Man: Threaded Web (digital comics story)
- "The Stark Truth Behind Stark Enterprises" (article)
- "X-Marks The Spider: Ten Years Later" (article)
- Hulk: The Winter Guard (with artist and co-creator Steve Ellis)
- Darkstar and The Winter Guard (with artist and co-creator Steve Ellis)
- Gallaher, David. [davidgallaher1.livejournal.com/profile User Profile]. LiveJournal. accessed October 2, 2011.
- Shadow Man: David Gallaher. Sequential Tart
- Kean, Benjamin Ong Pang (November 19, 2003). "Gallaher's November Vampires - Tremere". Newsarama.
- Leong, Tim. "Comic Foundry Issue 2 Preview - 8 Breakout Creators of 2008". Comic Foundry. March 28, 2008
- Brady, Matt (October 24, 2007). "Zuda Announces First Wave". Newsarama.
- Beard, Jim (November 4, 2009). "Winter Guard: Cold Warriors". Marvel.com. Retrieved May 19, 2010.
- Gourley, Jim (April 20, 2010). "The Sword and Script Interview: David Gallaher". Sword and Script. Retrieved May 19, 2010.
- Mahadeo, Kevin (May 21, 2010). "Gallaher Thaws Out the Winter Guard". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved May 21, 2010.
- Rogers, Vaneta (May 25, 2010). "From High Moon to DARKSTAR: Zuda Alums Talk Russian Heroes". Newsarama. Retrieved June 10, 2010.
- Parkin, JK. "Gallaher and Ellis on What’s Inside 'Box 13'". Comic Book Resources. October 9, 2009
- "Geek Love". Penthouse. June 2009.
- Gallaher, David. "NUMBER EIGHT IS MISSING!". Topica. August 19, 2003
- David Gallaher at the Comic Book DB
- Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar graphic novel illustrated by Eric Theriault, written by David Gallaher
- Interview at 2008's New York Comic Con with comiXology
- Podcast interview with David at comiXology
- CBEM: Interview With David Gallaher