David Gasman is an actor, director and translator who also directs dubbing of films, cartoons, video games and documentaries. He has appeared in many popular cartoons and video games, such as Rayman and Code Lyoko. In his acting career, he has acted in movies like Jefferson in Paris, The Bourne Identity, Arthur and the Vengeance of Maltazard, Babylon A.D., and Largo Winch as well as in over fifty theatrical productions including several musicals. He will be appearing in a recurring role in Kaboul Kitchen, a French TV series. Gasman currently lives in Paris, France but is an American-born who was born in Seattle, Washington. He maintains a close working relationship with Quantic Dream appearing in every videogame they have made including his lead role as Lucas Kane in Indigo Prophecy.
Biography and Works
Gasman went to acting school and graduated from Cornish College. heHe began to to pursue an interest in poetry and Shakespeare he became an American actor, voice director translator living in Paris, France (he moved there from Seattle, Washington, where he was born and raised). He has been voicing and directing characters in films, video games, cartoons, commercials and documentaries since 1991. He has acted in over 3000 cartoon episodes and directed hundreds. He voiced a role in the English version of Persepolis with Sean Penn, and did voices in Ratatouille and Igor's ADR Parisian French dub, the former of which he did with a small number of his fellow Code Lyoko voice artists.
- Gasman has acted in small roles in several films, including Largo Winch and From Paris With Love with John Travolta. He also appears briefly in Babylon A.D. and has a small role in the live action portion of Arthur and the Invisibles 2 and 3, in which he also replaces actor Robert De Niro as the voice of the Minimoy King. He also voices the King of the Bogos.
- Gasman has been selected as the voice for a number of television ads for companies such as Armani, Lancôme, Hugo Boss, Texas Instruments and others.
- Gasman has voiced several hundred documentaries, and is known for his ability to change his delivery to fit the style of subject.
- Gasman appeared with Monica Bellucci and comic Eric Judor in an episode of a French TV series called Platane in early 2012.
- He voices several characters in Beyond: Two Souls and is the voice, body and face of Officer J. Sherman (the nice cop who tries to help Ellen Page).
- He voices several characters in Heavy Rain and is the voice, body and face of Paco (the sleazy nightclub owner).
- He is the voice of Arkhail, the main orc in Of Orcs and Men.
- He is the voice of Twinsen in Little Big Adventure 2.
- He is the voice of Rayman in the Rayman games, and does several voices in the Raving Rabbids series.
- He is the voice of Ed in Tonic Trouble.
- Along with voicing several characters himself, including the main character Lucas Kane, he directed the US voice acting in Fahrenheit (AKA Indigo Prophecy) which was nominated for Best Voice Acting by several gaming sites. He also directed the voice acting in several other video games, including R.U.S.E., Driver: Renegade, Amy, the upcoming Of Orcs And Men and Sega's Rhythm Thief & the Emperor’s Treasure.
- Gasman voiced Strummer in Scruff.
- Gasman does the voices of Jim, William, Herb, Yumi's Father, Xana, and others in the cartoon series Code Lyoko.
David Gasman is a voice actor for one or more of the characters in Kya: Dark Lineage. Gasman is mainly credited for doing the voice acting of the critically acclaimed character, Rayman. David did main voices in these video games: Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy outside Europe), Syberia II, Alone in the Dark 2 and Alone in the Dark 3, Egyptian Prophecy: Fate of Ramses, Curse: The Eye of Isis, Kya: Dark Lineage, XIII, Beyond Good & Evil, Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc, Hitchcock: The Final Cut, Rayman Rush, The Cameron Files: The Secret of Loch Ness, Rayman Arena, Cameron Files: Pharaoh's Curse, Atlantis 3: The New World, Dragon Riders: Chronicles of Pern, Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary, Rayman 2, Dracula: The Resurrection, Outcast, Faust, Omikron: The Nomad Soul, Dark Earth, Lost Eden, The Adventures of Valdo and Marie, and Atlantis: The Lost Tales, as well as many dozens of others. Gasman also acted the main role in a funny film called Showdown of the Godz, about a man whose obsession with Godzilla threatens to ruin his marriage and career. Actor George Takei of Star Trek fame also appears in the film. David has gone on record as being a die-hard fan of Star Trek. Gasman directed the voice acting and voiced main characters Sir Rodrick, the Duke, and his evil pet cockroach, Rex, in the cartoon show "Gawayn".