David H. McCormick
|David H. McCormick|
|United States Department of the Treasury Under Secretary for International Affairs|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Alma mater||U.S. Military Academy at West Point Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs|
David H. McCormick is an American business executive. He is the co-President at Bridgewater Associates and the former Under Secretary for International Affairs within the United States Department of the Treasury.
McCormick is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and has a Ph.D. from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. 
Early in his career he worked as a consultant at McKinsey and Company. In 1999, he joined FreeMarkets, a publicly traded company and later became its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).  From 2004 to 2005 he was the president of Ariba, a publicly traded software company.
In 2005 McCormick was nominated and confirmed as the Commerce Department's Under Secretary of Commerce for Industry and Security.  Later he became the Deputy National Security Advisor for International Economic Policy and was George W. Bush's personal representative to the G-8 industrialized countries. From 2007 to 2009, he was the Under Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs. 
In 2009 he became a faculty member at Carnegie Mellon's Heinz College and was named a Distinguished Service Professor of Information Technology, Public Policy and Management at the Washington, DC campus. That same year, he joined Bridgewater Associates one of the world's largest hedge funds, where he serves as Co-President and is on the firm’s Management Committee.
In 2013, McCormick was one of 131 Republican party members to sign an amicus curiae brief submitted to the Supreme Court" in support of the freedom to marry." 
- Businessweek Bio: David McCormick
- West Point official web site West Point Alumni
- "U.S. Treasury - Biography of David H. McCormick, Under Secretary for International Affairs". Archived from the original on November 7, 2007. Retrieved September 21, 2007.
- "Biography - David H. McCormick". Archived from the original on August 25, 2007. Retrieved September 21, 2007.
- Schafer, Sarah (March 1, 2000) AMS Joins E-Auction Project: Suppliers to Get Government Link
- (October 2011) IRISH AMERICA'S ANNUAL WALL STREET 50 TWO THOUSAND ELEVEN, Irish America, Pg. 44 Vol. 26 No. 6, Copyright 2011 Irish Voice, Inc.
- Beattie, Alan and Daniel, Caroline and Kazmin, Amy (November 20 2006) Apec Leader Close Ranks on N. Korea Threat, Financial Times, pg 5
- Shropshire, Corolyn (July 23 2005) Republican Tech Executives Keep Politics Local, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- "Former Undersecretary for International Affairs Joins Carnegie Mellon’s Heinz College in D.C.". Carnegie Mellon University. 2009-04-07.
- (Oct 2011 issue) “Irish America’s Annual Wall Street 50” Ethnic News Watch, Irish Voice Inc., pg 44,
- Unknown (April 1, 2013). "A Converstation With David McCormick". Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Avalon, John (Feb 28, 2013) The Pro-Freedom Republicans Are Coming: 131 Sign Gay-Marriage Brief The Daily Beast, accessed Feb 6, 2013
- Board of Trustees Carnegie Mellon University, retrieved Jan 24 2012
- New Trustees Elected to Aspen Institute Board The Aspen institute, retrieved Jan 24 2012
- Shropshire, Corilyn (October 12 2005) Feeling His Way Around Washington, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette