Hellebuyck with Saint-Étienne
|Date of birth||12 May 1979|
|Place of birth||Nantua, France|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|1999–2000||→ Guingamp (loan)||18||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Nantua, Hellebuyck began playing youth football with Lyon. He signed a three-year contract with Spanish club Atlético Madrid at age 17, but the transfer was rejected by FIFA before he could play for Atlético's B team. Hellebuyck eventually made his professional debut with Lyon in 1999, but his relationship with the club was strained and Guy Lacombe was able to recruit him on loan to Guingamp.
He would also play for Lausanne-Sport, Saint-Étienne, Paris Saint-Germain and Nice, making 210 Ligue 1 appearances in total. Hellebuyck ended his playing career at the end of the 2011–12 season due to a recurring knee injury.
- "David Hellebuyck". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "David Hellebuyck". L'Équipe (in French). Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "El Atlético ficha a un júnior francés" (in Spanish). El Pais. 2 April 1997.
- Soler, Jaume (4 June 1997). "Problemas con el alta de Hellebuyck" (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. p. 33.
- "Champions d'Europe U18 1997 – Que sont-ils devenus ?" (in French). EspoirsduFootball.com. 3 February 2013.
- Bérard, Christophe (19 September 2006). "Hellebuyck, le bon profil" (in French). Le Parisien.
- David Hellebuyck French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- "Hellebuyck «en reste là»" (in French). L'Equipe. 12 May 2012.
|This biographical article relating to French football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|