|Residence||Camberwell Grove, London, England|
|Education||Camberwell School of Art|
The Aylesbury Estate is... the remarkable leitmotif of [his] work as a painter… the Aylesbury is to Hepher what the Stour valley was to Constable or the Medway to Turner.
He later became a Senior lecturer in painting at Chelsea School of Art from 1981 to 1990. Since 2001 he became a professor and head of undergraduate painting at Slade School of Fine Art.
His work lies in between conceptual and traditional.
- British Arts Council
- Study, 1993
- Number, 1972
- Bradford Museum and Art Gallery
- Windows of No. 19
- Museum Boymans-van Beuningen
- The Windows of Number 22
- Museum of London
- Camberwell Flats, (by day), 1983
- Camberwell Nocturne, 1984
- Tate Gallery
- Albany Flats, 1972
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Camberwell Flats, 1984
- David Hepher: The Windows of the Brandon Estate - An Elegy to Tall Buildings [Catalogue of the exhibition held at Flowers East 1999] London.
- David Hepher [Catalogue of the exhibition held at Flowers East 2002] London.
- David Hepher [Catalogue of the exhibition held at Flowers East 2008] London.
- Lucie-Smith, E. (1996) David Hepher. Momentum, London.
- "Art Collection". British Council. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "David Hepher". Artnet. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "David Hepher". Architects Journal. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Paul Barker, Estate of the nation , The i, 1 February 2012
- "Transpontine: David Hepher's beautiful tower blocks". Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Camberwell Grove". The Secret History of Our Streets. Series 1. Episode 2. 13 June 2012. BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jzpm3. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Albany Flats by David Hepher". Tate Collection. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Bunkers, Brutalism, Bloodymindedness: Concrete Poetry". Retrieved 26 February 2014.
- Hepher at Kingsplace Gallery
- Film of Hepher on YouTube
- Hepher's studio in Camberwell, London
- Flowers Gallery
|This British biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|