David Hodgson (rugby league)
|Full name||David Hodgson|
8 August 1981 |
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
|2005–07||Salford City Reds||86||35||48||0||236|
David began his career at Halifax in 1999, before moving to Wigan in 2000, a tribunal fixing a £45,000 fee. Hodgson played for the Wigan Warriors on the wing, scoring a try in their 2000 Super League Grand Final loss against St Helens RLFC.
David signed for the Reds from Wigan when his contract was up at the end of 2004, following bad injury. Prior to joining Salford he had made 122 Super League appearances in which time he scored 48 tries.
He regained full fitness at Salford, and had a fantastic 2006- which saw him named in the GB standby squad for the Tri-Nations, the engage Super League Dream Team and also being named Supporter's Player of the Year and Player's Player of the Year at the Reds' prestigious annual awards ceremony. The club finished their highest ever in Super League (5th), and went on to the end of season play-offs for the first time.
On 11 March 2006, David Hodgson scored a club Super League record 8 successful goal kicks – despite having never kicked a goal before the start of the 2006 season.
On the November 10 he made his first appearance of Great Britain's test series against New Zealand and scored. In September 2007 he signed for the Huddersfield Giants, following Salford's relegation from Super League
- "Huddersfield Giants". web page. Huddersfield Giants. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- "Eight new faces in Lions squad". BBC. 2007-06-12. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- "Myler gets England call". England Rugby League. 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-10-03.
- "Gleeson to lead new-look England". BBC. 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "Huddersfield Giants man David Hodgson to join Hull KR". BBC. 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Hull K.R. man David Hodgson to take coaching role". Superleague. 2014-10-03. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- David Hodgson Wigan Career Page on the Wigan RL Fansite.
- Salford Squad Profile: David Hodgson
- Salford City Reds Website Homepage
- 2001 Ashes profile
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk