David Hunt (footballer, born 1982)
Hunt in 2011
|Date of birth||10 September 1982|
|Place of birth||Dulwich, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Playing position||Midfielder , Defender|
|2011||→ Crawley Town (loan)||25||(1)|
|2014–2015||→ Barnet (loan)||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:00, 7 March 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in London, Hunt began as a trainee with Crystal Palace, but made only a few appearances after turning professional. He moved to Leyton Orient in 2003, playing 74 times in all competitions in two seasons. He then moved to Northampton Town, where he was a key player in the club's successful promotion season of 2005–06, with his long throw-in being a prominent weapon in the team's tactical arsenal that year.
Hunt signed for Shrewsbury Town on 15 May 2007, on a two-year deal after rejecting an offer of a contract extension at Northampton. In January 2009, he came to an agreement with Paul Simpson, the Shrewsbury Town boss, on the remainder of his contract and consequently left the club as he attempted to move back down south as his family failed to settle in the area. His spell at the club was littered by injuries, resulting in few appearances over the one-and-a-half seasons he was at the club.
Hunt signed for Brentford on 9 January 2009, on a contract until the end of the season. He scored two crucial goals for the Bees in their promotion campaign including a well-struck free kick against Gillingham.
He signed Crawley Town on 31 December 2010, initially on a one-month loan, with a view to a permanent move being completed at the end of January 2011. He made his debut for the club the next day as a 63rd minute substitute against Eastbourne Borough. Hunt assisted Crawley to the Conference title in 2010–11. At the end of the season, after a successful loan, Hunt signed for Crawley permanently on a two-year deal.
On 2 February 2015 Hunt left Oxford United by mutual consent.
- Northampton Town
- Crawley Town
- "Shrewsbury sign midfielder Hunt". BBC Sport. 15 May 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2007.
- "Midfielder Hunt joins Brentford". BBC Sport. 10 January 2009. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "Crawley Town complete Hunt signing". Non League News 24. 31 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Crawley Town 3–1 Eastbourne Boro". BBC Sport. 1 January 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- "Tamworth 0–3 Crawley Town". BBC Sport. 9 April 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Oxford United: David Hunt and Daniel Rose both sign up". BBC Football. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "David Hunt: Oxford United defender joins Barnet". BBC Sport. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Three players leave the U's on Deadline Day". Oxford United F.C. 2 February 2015. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Hunt (footballer).|