David Hunt (footballer)
Hunt in 2011
|Full name||David John Hunt|
|Date of birth||10 September 1982|
|Place of birth||Dulwich, England|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2011||→ Crawley Town (loan)||25||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:59, October 26, 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in London, Hunt began as a trainee with Crystal Palace, but made only a few appearances after turning pro. He moved to Leyton Orient in 2003, playing 74 times in all competitions in two seasons. He then moved to Northampton Town, where he was a key player in the club's successful promotion season of 2005–06, with his long throw-in being a prominent weapon in the team's tactical arsenal that year.
Hunt signed for Shrewsbury Town on 15 May 2007, on a two-year deal after rejecting an offer of a contract extension at Northampton. In January 2009, he came to an agreement with Paul Simpson, the Shrewsbury Town boss, on the remainder of his contract and consequently left the club as he attempted to move back down south as his family failed to settle in the area. His spell at the club was littered by injuries, resulting in not many appearances over the one-and-a-half seasons he was at the club.
Hunt signed for Brentford on 9 January 2009, on a contract until the end of the season. He scored two crucial goals for the Bees in their promotion campaign including a well-struck free kick against Gillingham.
He signed Crawley Town on 31 December 2010, initially on a one month loan, with a view to a permanent move being completed at the end of January 2011. He made his debut for the club the next day as a 63rd minute substitute against Eastbourne Borough.
- Northampton Town
- Crawley Town
- "Search 1837 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- "Shrewsbury sign midfielder Hunt". BBC Sport. 15 May 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2007.
- "Midfielder Hunt joins Brentford". BBC Sport. 10 January 2009. Retrieved 10 January 2009.
- "Crawley Town complete Hunt signing". Non League News 24. 31 December 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Crawley Town 3–1 Eastbourne Boro". BBC Sport. 1 January 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- "Tamworth 0–3 Crawley Town". BBC Sport. 9 April 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2011.
- "Oxford United: David Hunt and Daniel Rose both sign up". BBC Football. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to David Hunt (footballer).|