David Hutton (footballer born 1985)
|Full name||David William Hutton|
|Date of birth||18 May 1985|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Current club||Ayr United|
|2009–2011||Queen of the South||53||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Hutton signed for Clyde on 29 August 2006. He made his debut in a 1–0 Scottish Challenge Cup victory over Ayr United, and went on to establish himself as first choice goalkeeper. Hutton kept 11 clean sheets in 2006–07, and was part of the defence which boasted the best defensive record during the season. Hutton signed a new 18-month contract in January 2008. Hutton was voted Clyde's Player of the Year for season 2007–08. Hutton was released by Clyde in June 2009 along with the rest of the out of contract players, due to the club's financial position.
Hutton was signed by manager Gordon Chisholm for Dumfries club, Queen of the South on 29 June 2009. Hutton's sequence of four consecutive clean sheets in senior games joined the likes of Allan Ball, George Farm, Alan Davidson and David Purdie in equalling the club record.
Hutton was listed as a substitute for Morton in their home league match on 1 September 2012 against Dumbarton, as he was looking to replace Alan Combe who left Cappielow Park to join Hearts as their new goalkeeping coach.
Hutton signed for the Greenock club on 11 September 2012 until the end of January 2013 and will battle for the number one shirt with Derek Gaston. Despite only 14 minutes of action for the first team, Hutton signed a contract extension in January 2013 to keep him at the club until the end of the season. He was released by Morton at the end of the 2012–13 season.
- As of 27 November 2013
|Queen of the South||2009–10||28||0||1||0||1||0||1||0||31||0|
- "Clyde's Miller moves to add trio". BBC Sport. 29 August 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- David & Dusan Sign New Deals
- Hutts is Player of the Year
- "Players Released". clydefc.co.uk. Retrieved 2 June 2009.
- Five in a row
- History in the making
- "Accies confirm release of 5 players". spfl.co.uk. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- Tait, Chris (11 September 2012). "Keeper signs Morton deal". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 11 September 2012.
- Mitchell, Jonathan (5 January 2013). "Keeper extends stay at Morton". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Mitchell, Jonathan (7 May 2013). "Exclusive: Nine players offered new deals at Morton". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 7 May 2013.
- "Ayr Utd add Hutton to squad". Scottish Football League. 12 July 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2013.