David J. O'Reilly
|David J. O'Reilly|
|Alma mater||University College Dublin|
Chevron Corporation (2000-2009)
|Salary||US$ 1,650,000 (2007)
Total: US$ 31,543,200 (2007) 
|Predecessor||Kenneth T. Derr|
|Successor||John S. Watson|
|Spouse(s)||Joan Gariepy O'Reilly|
David J. O'Reilly (born January 1947 in Dublin, Ireland), is former chairman and CEO of Chevron Corporation. In 1968, he graduated with a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from University College, Dublin, from which he also received an honorary doctor of science degree in June 2002. He began his career with Chevron Research Co. as a process engineer in 1968. On January 1, 2000, he became chairman and CEO of Chevron, succeeding Kenneth T. Derr. He retired effective December 31, 2009.
In January 2010, O'Reilly joined the Board of engineering and construction giant, Bechtel Corporation. In August 2010, he was appointed a director on the board of Saudi Aramco, the national oil company of Saudi Arabia. He also is vice chairman of the National Petroleum Council. He is a member of The Business Council, J. P. Morgan International Council, the World Economic Forum’s International Business Council, and the American Society of Corporate Executives. O'Reilly also serves on the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors.
- "David J O'Reilly, CEO Compensation - Forbes.com". forbes.com. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "David O’Reilly, former Chevron Chairman and CEO, joins Bechtel Board".
- "David J. O'Reilly, former Chevron Chairman and CEO, among new appointees to board of Saudi Aramco".
- "David O'Reilly: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Kazakh Watchdog Organization to track hydrocarbon revenues.". Kazakhstan Daily Digest. August 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-29.[dead link]
|This business-related Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|