David López Moreno
López playing with Athletic Bilbao in 2009
|Full name||David López Moreno|
|Date of birth||10 September 1982|
|Place of birth||Logroño, Spain|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|2012–2014||Brighton & Hove Albion||65||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 11 May 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
López was born in Logroño, La Rioja. A product of CA Osasuna's youth ranks he made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 17 October 2004 in a 3–2 home win against Albacete Balompié, and finished his first season with 13 games and one goal, scored in his first match.
The following campaign López was an undisputed starter as the Navarrese club achieved a first ever qualification to the UEFA Champions League, with the player contributing with six goals, including a crucial one in the last matchday, a 2–1 home success against Valencia CF.
In the 2007 summer López signed with neighbours Athletic de Bilbao, for around €6 million. His official club debut was on 28 August in a 0–0 home draw against his former team, and he was automatic first-choice in his first two years, appearing in 61 league games combined; in his second he helped the Basque narrowly avoid relegation, scoring at Recreativo de Huelva (1–1), and at home against Sporting de Gijón (3–0) and Racing de Santander (2–1, through a penalty).
López scored a career-best – joint – six goals in 28 contests in 2010–11, but became a fringe player for the Lions after the arrival of Argentine Marcelo Bielsa as club manager. On 31 August 2012, his contract with Athletic was rescinded by mutual consent.
Brighton & Hove Albion
Immediately after being released, López transferred to English side Brighton & Hove Albion in the Championship, signing a one-year contract. During his spell at the club, he was nicknamed 'Spanish Dave'.
- UEFA Europa League: Runner-up 2011–12
- Copa del Rey: Runner-up 2008–09, 2011–12
- Supercopa de España: Runner-up 2009
- "Ajustada victoria de Osasuna ante el 'Alba' en El Sadar" [Narrow Osasuna win against 'Alba' at El Sadar] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 17 October 2004. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Osasuna 2–1 Valencia; ESPN Soccernet, 16 May 2006
- Osasuna complete Italian job
- Ruthless Osasuna stun Leverkusen
- David López has Athletic ambition; UEFA.com, 27 June 2007
- Recreativo Huelva 1–1 Athletic Bilbao; ESPN Soccernet, 25 September 2008
- Athletic Bilbao 3–0 Sporting Gijon; ESPN Soccernet, 14 December 2008
- Athletic Bilbao 2–1 Racing Santander; ESPN Soccernet, 26 April 2009
- David Lopez’ contract terminated; Athletic's official website, 31 August 2012
- "Lopez joins Albion". Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Brighton 1, Burnley 0 – Spanish Dave strikes again". Express Sport. 23 February 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.