David Lee is an American television producer, director, and writer. He was a writer and producer for the American sitcoms The Jeffersons and Cheers, as well as a co-creator, writer, director, and executive producer of Wings and Frasier alongside Peter Casey and the late David Angell under the Grub Street Productions.
Lee is openly gay and lives with his partner Mark Nichols, an interior designer.
- ^ Littlefield, Warren (2012). "Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs". Top of the Rock: Inside the Rise and Fall of Must See TV. New York City: Anchor Books. p. 134. Retrieved December 8, 2013.
- ^ Becker, Ron (2006). "Gay Material and Prime-Time Network Television". Gay TV and Straight America. p. 163. Retrieved December 8, 2013.
- ^ Littlefield, Kinney (1996). "In '95, Gay Came To Stay In Prime-time Tv". Chicago Tribune. The date incorrectly says January 1, 1996.
- ^ David Lee (September 3, 2012). PalmSprings.com Spotlight: An Interview with David Lee. PalmSprings.com (blog). (Interview). Retrieved December 8, 2013.
- ^ Mark Nichols (August 20, 2012). PalmSprings.com Spotlight: An Interview with Mark Nichols. PalmSprings.com (blog). (Interview). Retrieved December 8, 2013.