David Levi (poker player)
David Levi at the 2007 World Series of Poker.
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
David Levi (Hebrew: דוד לוי; born December 2, 1962 in Tel Aviv, Israel) is an Israeli professional poker player and former professional footballer who in his poker career has won over $2.6 million in live tournaments.
Levi, who was born and raised in Israel, was a paratrooper in the Israel Defense Forces and then later played soccer professionally for Hapoel Ramat Gan. After his soccer career was cut short by a knee injury, he then moved to Los Angeles, California where he was introduced to poker and was once the roommate of professional poker player and friend Amir Vahedi. A few years later he moved to Las Vegas, Nevada where he currently resides.
World Series of Poker
Levi has multiple cashes at the World Series of Poker (WSOP), which includes two final tables, and has made the final table of the 2005 WSOP Tournament of Champions. His highest finish in the Main Event was 121st at the 2007 WSOP.
World Poker Tour
Levi has finished in the money at 10 World Poker Tour (WPT) championship events, making the final table in season six at the 2007 Mandalay Bay Poker Championship where he finished 3rd earning $229,540. He also made a final table of the WPT offspring known as the Professional Poker Tour, where he finished 3rd at the Mirage Poker Showdown event in 2005.
Other poker events
Levi has over 20 first place victories in various event over his poker career most notably in April 2002 winning the '$3,100 No Limit Hold'em' event at the Bellagio High Buy-in Tournament Series, after he had defeated WPT Champion Alan Goehring during heads-up play, earning $159,468, winning the $1,500 Limit Hold'em event at the 2003 Bellagio Five-Diamond World Poker Classic, earning $144,917 and winning California State Poker Championship in 2000, earning $26,751, and then again in 2004, earning $99,745.
- "David Levi". PokerListings.com. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- "Poker Player - David Levi". Poker-Tournaments.com. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "David Levi WPT Bio". WPTonGSN.com. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- "Player Results - David Levi". CardPlayer.com. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- World Series of Poker Earnings, worldseriesofpoker.com
- Dalla, Nolan (2005-11-08). "World Series of Pokre 2005 Tournament of Champions Day 2". pokerplayernewspaper.com. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Butt, Robert. "David Levi - results". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Butt, Robert. "$3,100 No Limit Hold'em". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Butt, Robert. "$ 1,500 Limit Hold'em - 2003 Bellagio Five-Diamond World Poker Classic". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- "Former Soccer Pro Scores Winning Goal in Pot Limit Match". pokerpages.com. Retrieved 2008-05-11.
- Butt, Robert. "$ 2,500 No Limit Hold'em - California State Poker Championship 2004". The Hendon Mob. Retrieved 2008-05-11.