|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2010)|
David Ian Liddell-Grainger, KStJ, DL, FSA (b. 26 January 1930 — d. 12 March 2007), a former Scottish politician, was the son of Henry Liddell-Grainger and Lady Muriel Felicia Vere Bertie, daughter of Montague Bertie, 12th Earl of Lindsey.
He was born in 1930 and educated at St Peter's College, Adelaide, and Eton College. He later attended the University of London. On 14 December 1957, he married Anne Mary Sibylla Abel Smith, the daughter of Henry Abel Smith and Lady May Abel Smith. They were divorced in 1981 after having five children:
- Ian Richard Peregrine Liddell-Grainger (born 23 February 1959)
- Charles Montagu Liddell-Grainger (born 23 July 1960)
- Simon Rupert Liddell-Grainger (born 28 December 1962)
- Alice Mary Liddell-Grainger (born 3 March 1965)
- Malcolm Henry Liddell-Grainger (born 14 December 1967)
On 18 October 1996, David married, secondly, to Christine de la Rue (née Schellin) and they had two children together:
- (David) Henry Liddell-Grainger (born 31 January 1983)
- Maximilian Liddell-Grainger (1985 – 1998)
In 1955, he was created an Officer of St John of Jerusalem and later a Knight of that order in 1974 and served in the Royal Company of Archers between 1955 and 1983. He was a member of Berwickshire County Council from 1958 and 1973. and Deputy Lieutenant of Berwickshire between 1963 and 1985.
|Grand Master of the
Grand Lodge of Scotland
Robert Wolrige Gordon