|Born||David Scott Limbaugh
December 11, 1952
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
|Alma mater||University of Missouri, B.A., cum laude; J.D.|
David Scott Limbaugh (born December 11, 1952) is a conservative American political commentator and author. He has also worked as a professor and as a lawyer. He is the younger brother of talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.
David Limbaugh has a bachelor's degree, cum laude, in political science and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Missouri. He also served in the National Guard for six years. He has written columns that are carried by Creators Syndicate, Townhall.com, WorldNetDaily, Jewish World Review, The Washington Times, and Newsmax. In addition to his legal and writing work, Limbaugh also works as an agent for several conservative talk radio hosts, including his brother.
After his admission to the bar in 1978, Limbaugh taught business law at Southeast Missouri State University. He practices law as a partner at The Limbaugh Firm, where he specializes in entertainment law.
Limbaugh was chosen by Christian apologists Norman Geisler and Frank Turek to write the foreword to their book I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (Crossway, 2004). In the book, Limbaugh states that he came to Christ after years as a skeptic and is now passionate about Christian apologetics.
He has been married to his wife, Lisa, since 1986. They have five children. Limbaugh has written several books, some of which have been bestsellers.
- Jesus on Trial: A Lawyer Affirms the Truth of the Gospel (Regnery Publishing, September 8, 2014; ISBN 978-1621572558)
- The Great Destroyer: Barack Obama's War on the Republic (Regnery Publishing, June 4, 2012; ISBN 978-1596987777)
- Crimes Against Liberty: An Indictment of President Barack Obama (Regnery Publishing, August 2010; ISBN 978-1-59698-624-4)
- Bankrupt: The Intellectual and Moral Bankruptcy of Today's Democratic Party (Regnery Publishing, September 2006; ISBN 1-59698-017-6)
- Persecution: How Liberals are Waging War Against Christians (Regnery Publishing, October 2003, ISBN 0-89526-111-1)
- Absolute Power: The Legacy of Corruption in the Clinton-Reno Justice Department (Regnery Publishing, March 2001, ISBN 0-89526-237-1)
- Brock, David (2008). "The Big Lie". The Republican Noise Machine. Crown Publishers.
- Creators Syndicate website
- The College Backgrounds of America’s Leading Syndicated Columnists, National Association of Scholars.
- "David Limbaugh - Conservative View". Newsmax. Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- Avlon, Jon (May 9, 2013). The high cost of Rush: Talker bleeds millions from his carriers as toxic talk slumps; Cumulus set to part ways with Rush. The Daily Beast. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- Frank Turek
- Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek, I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist, 7.
- About the Author
- Official Website
- Podcasts of Limbaugh's recent articles
- Publisher's official book description for Bankrupt by David Limbaugh
- Publisher's official book description for Persecution by David Limbaugh
- Publisher's official book description for Absolute Power by David Limbaugh
- David Limbaugh Features at Creators Syndicate