|David V. Lorenzo|
|Education||Columbia University, 2006|
David Lorenzo started his career in 1989, at age 18, as a bellman at Marriott International. He was promoted quickly within the firm, after succeeding in improving the profit of various businesses. As an internal consultant, he was appointed in internal consulting teams for pre-opening projects and sales, marketing, and business development initiatives. As a senior leader of Marriott, he managed several hotels and directed recruiting, training, and on-boarding for new general managers.
In 1999, Lorenzo became the vice-president (later general manager) of the newly purchased ExecuStay, a provider of temporary (30 days or longer) corporate relocation. Under his direction, the annual revenue of ExecuStay grew from $1 million to more than $50 million in less than 3 years. These results earned him various awards, including the J.W. Marriott Award of Excellence. In September 2001, David Lorenzo was named as one of the "40 under 40" Crain’s New York Rising Stars.
Despite the context of a tight housing market, in less than two years, he managed to increase the division’s available apartments from 180 to 800 units. He also expanded the geographic coverage of ExecuStay into nearby Connecticut, New Jersey, Westchester, and Long Island, during a time when the concept of corporate housing was considered a feature of Manhattan's real estate market.
In April 2002, he resigned from his position inside Marriott, becoming, in May 2002, a partner of The Gallup Organization and leading the start-up of its Manhattan division. In that role, he was a trusted advisor to Fortune 500 companies on Executive Performance Management, Business Development, and Integrated Marketing Communications.
After publishing the book Career Intensity: Business Strategy for Workplace Warriors and Entrepreneurs (2006), David Lorenzo's public image and media coverage turned mostly to business strategy and career-related issues. He was featured on Today in New York, presenting his views regarding the relationship with the boss in the workplace. Printed media interviews cover the issue of the adequate evaluation of one's worth in the workplace, as well as the effects of inducing children to choose careers considered desirable by the parents. As a recruiting consultant, he became known for implementing creative recruiting methods in the context of a growing talent crunch.
In October 2006, David Lorenzo founded the company Rainmaker Lawyer Consulting, as a Strategic Advisory Group (management strategy consulting), dedicated exclusively to law firms. In February 2010, he launched a website dedicated to Law Firm Marketing. Each day, Lorenzo posts a new video on law firm marketing and business strategy.
On August 3, 2010, Law Firm Marketing Expert David Lorenzo announced that he had developed a Legal Marketing System that is guaranteed to produce results. The system, known as The Rainmaker’s Fast Start Legal Marketing System, was developed and tested over a two-year period. Lorenzo has applied to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a business method patent for this system.
In September 2010, Lorenzo was appointed by the Florida Bar Board of Governors to serve a three-year term on the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee 'N' of the Florida Bar, a committee that meets monthly to review complaints filed by consumers about lawyers and decide if there is probable cause for the Bar to prosecute the alleged ethical misconduct.
Awards and honors
- 2000 Sales Leader of The Year Award - Led the Sales Team to unprecedented revenue and profit growth
- 2001 Top Associate Satisfaction Score - Marriott ExecuStay Brand
- 2001 Top Guest Satisfaction Score - Marriott ExecuStay Brand
- 2001 Top Revenue Producing Market - Marriott ExecuStay Brand
- 2001 Mustang Award from Marriott Execustay for Excellence during a time of extraordinary adversity
- 2001 J.W. Marriott Award of Excellence - Chosen from 600 Associates and Managers in ExecuStay
- 2001 Crain’s New York Business - "40 under 40" New York’s Rising Stars
- 2002 Associate Partner of the Year - The Gallup Organization
- 2003 New York City MVP Award - Contribution by a Partner to the Organization – The Gallup Organization
- 2004 & 2005 Gallup MVP Award - Excellence in Client Service
- 2005 Partner of the Year - The Gallup Organization
- 2006 Profit Manager of the Year - The Gallup Organization
- 2007 Profit Manager of the Year - The Gallup Organization
- Chris Cutro (June 21, 2009). "New dad in town". Miami Herald. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- Louise Kramer. "Crain’s New York Rising Stars: David Lorenzo". Crain Communications. Retrieved August 5, 2010.
- Mary McAleer Vizard (August 20, 2000). "In the Region/Westchester; Demand Grows for Temporary Executive Housing". The New York Times. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- David Lorenzo (April 25, 2001). "Corporate housing market is still hot". Real Estate Weekly. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- "Career intensity : business strategy for workplace warriors and entrepreneurs". Library of Congress. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- "David Lorenzo, Career Intensity, Today in New York". June 4, 2006. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- Dale Dauten (January 7, 2007). "How to be the Golden One". The Boston Globe. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- Anne Fisher (September 12, 2006). "3 smart ways to get a raise". Fortune Magazine. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- John Nardini (September 23, 2007). "How to Ask for a Raise". American Profile Magazine. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- Anita Bruzzese (August 12, 2006), Pushing Children into Certain Kinds of Careers Can Backfire Later, The Salt Lake Tribune
- Carol Patton (October 16, 2006). "Getting the Word Out". Human Resource Executive Magazine. Retrieved March 6, 2010.
- "David V. Lorenzo's Rainmaker Lawyer". Retrieved August 5, 2010.
- "Legal Marketing for Lawyers". Retrieved April 2, 2010.
- "New Law Firm Marketing System Proven to Increase Practice Revenue By 30 Percent in 30 Days". The Sacramento Bee. August 3, 2010.
- "The Rainmaker’s Fast Start Legal Marketing System". Retrieved August 5, 2010.
- "Law Firm Marketing Expert Dave Lorenzo Appointed to Florida Bar Grievance Committee". September 29, 2010.