Lough with the Baltimore Orioles
Baltimore Orioles – No. 9
January 20, 1986 |
|September 1, 2012 for the Kansas City Royals|
(through May 3, 2015)
|Runs batted in||52|
David Dennis Lough (// loh; born January 20, 1986) is an American professional baseball outfielder for the Baltimore Orioles of Major League Baseball (MLB). From 2012 through 2013, Lough played in MLB for the Kansas City Royals.
Lough attended Mercyhurst College and played college baseball and college football for the Mercyhurst Lakers in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division II. For the baseball team, Lough recorded batting averages of .409 and .404 in his junior and senior years. As a wide receiver for the football team, Lough had 16 receptions for 223 yards in his junior year.
Kansas City Royals
Lough was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 11th round of the 2007 Major League Baseball Draft. Lough made his major league debut September 1, 2012 against the Minnesota Twins. On June 11, 2013, Lough hit his first Major League home run off Detroit Tigers starter Max Scherzer.On June 30, 2013, Lough became only the fifth Royal to get four extra base hits in a game, joining George Brett, Hal McRae, Lonnie Smith and Johnny Damon.
On December 18, 2013, Lough was traded to the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for third baseman Danny Valencia. Lough played a late-inning utility role for the Orioles in 2014. On April 13, 2015, the Orioles activated Lough from the disabled list so he could join the team full time for the 2015 season. On April 25th, 2015, in the tenth inning of a game against the Boston Red Sox, Lough hit a two-run walk off home run off of closer Koji Uehara to win the game 5-4.
Lough resides in northeast Ohio.
- Folkemer, Paul. "Orioles Trade Danny Valencia For OF David Lough," PressBox Baltimore, Wednesday, December 18, 2013.
- Melewski, Steve (February 5, 2014). "Steve Melewski: After long road to the majors, is David Lough ready to take flight as an Oriole?". Masnsports.com. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- "Detroit Tigers Beat Kansas City Royals, Tigers Pitcher Max Scherzer Wins 9th In A Row". Huffington Post. Associated Press. June 11, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Dutton, Bob (June 30, 2013). "David Lough’s four extra-base hits enough for Royals in 9-8 win over Twins". Kansas City Star. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Kerkhoff, Blair (December 19, 2013). "Royals deal outfielder David Lough to Orioles for infielder Danny Valencia". Kansas City Star. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Chastain, Bill (December 18, 2013). "O's acquire Lough from Royals for Valencia". MLB.com. Retrieved July 29, 2014.
- Encina, Eduardo. "Orioles activate David Lough from DL, option Eddie Gamboa to Triple-A Norfolk". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- Kuzydym, Stephanie. "How David Lough went from Green High School to batting leadoff for the Baltimore Orioles". Cleveland.com.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- David Lough on Twitter