David Meister (born February 23, 1962 in Cincinnati, Ohio) is an American fashion designer known for his women’s wear. As a young child in Cincinnati, David was heavily influenced by style-conscious TV shows such as Sonny & Cher, which fueled his aspiration of becoming a fashion designer.
Born and raised in Ohio, Meister earned a degree in fashion design from The University of Cincinnati College of Design, Art, Architecture and Planning. After graduation, he moved to New York and secured a position at Danskin.
In November 1998, Meister joined forces with a Californian division of Kellwood Company, to create a signature evening collection. Five months later, he premiered his first fall line, a compilation of modern and elegant eveningwear.
In August 2009, Meister launched his Signature collection exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman.
His dresses, evening wear and couture red carpet designs have been worn by socialites and celebrities. Diane Lane chose Meister for the 2009 Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards. Meister is a member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America. His label can be found at venues such as Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- "fashionencyclopedia". fashionencyclopedia.com. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "designerbrideinc". designerbrideinc.com. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- "DAAP". daap.uc.edu. Retrieved 2010-10-29.
- "About David Meister". DavidMeister.com. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- "Signature". wwd.com. Retrieved 2009-09-14.
- Bridal Fashion: David Meister says I Do to Bridal design
- "New Bridal Lines Debut". Womens Wear Daily. 2010-06-24.
- "2009 SAG Awards". style.com. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "CFDA". cfda.com. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "David Meister at Neiman Marcus". neimanmarcus.com. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
- "David Meister at Saks Fifth Avenue". saksfifthavenue.com. Retrieved 2009-07-24.
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|