David Mellor (footballer)
|Full name||David Anthony Mellor|
|Date of birth||10 July 1993|
|Place of birth||Oldham, England|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Playing position||Midfielder / Defender|
(on loan from Oldham Athletic)
|2012||→ Chorley (loan)||8||(0)|
|2014-||→ Alfreton Town (loan)||3||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:39, 27 September 2014(UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Mellor joined Oldham Athletic as sixteen-year-old from Manchester United and after spending time in Oldham's youth team he made his competitive debut during the second match of the 2011-12 season, as a substitute in a Football League Cup match against Carlisle United. He scored sixteen minutes into his Football League debut on 16 August in a match against Scunthorpe.
On 28 August 2011 The People reported that Premier League Fulham manager Martin Jol was preparing a bid for teenager Mellor after scouts were impressed with his strength and maturity. Nothing came of this report however, and he remained at Oldham, making 21 appearances before the end of the season.
The one - year option that the club had on Mellor's contract was exercised, extending his contract till the end of the 2014-15 season.
- Up to date, as of 30 January 2014.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 40. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 509. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "David's Day To Remember". Oldham Athletic AFC. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Oldham 1 - 1 Carlisle". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 9 August 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Scunthorpe - Oldham". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 16 August 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- Fulham face a tough time to hold on to Clint Dempsey The People 28 August 2011
- Watters, David (15 October 2012). "Latics loan duo lift Chorley". Northern Premier League. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Match report: AFC Fylde - 16/10/2012". Chorley FC. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 20 October 2012.
- "Oldham Athletic retained list". Oldham Athletic A.F.C. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Includes other competitive competitions, including the Football League Trophy, FA Community Shield and Football League play-offs