David Moos (born 1965) is the former Curator of Contemporary art at AGO Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto, departing from the position in 2010.
Moos went to Jesse Ketchum Public School in Yorkville, Toronto and then went on to Jarvis Collegiate, he received a doctorate in art history from Columbia University and is a contributing editor to Art Papers and Art US.
Moos served as curator of contemporary art at the Birmingham Museum of Art, Alabama. In this position, he organized the traveling exhibitions, Jonathan Lasker: Selective Identity, William Wegman: Fashion Photographs, and Radcliffe Bailey: The Magic City. Moos also curated an on-going exhibition called Galore: The Continuous Painting Wall. Artists participating in this exhibit included Jon Coffelt, Lydia Dona, Dennis Hollingsworth, Ingo Meller, Thomas Nozkowski, and Leslie Wayne. Moos also recently curated an exhibition of Andy Warhol's audio and Andy Warhol/Supernova: Stars, Deaths and Disasters, 1962–1964. He has worked with many other artists as well including Willie Cole, Jessica Diamond, Moira Dryer, Lonnie Holley, Luis Jimenez, Jonathan Lasker, Beatriz Milhazes, Samuel Mockbee, Orlan, Tony Scherman and Lawrence Weiner.
David Moos is married to Julie Moos, a Canadian photographer and art writer.
Moos organized the exhibition "The Shape of Colour: Excursions in Colour Field Art," (1950-2005) for Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto, Canada.
- "The Shape of Color: Excursions in Color Field Art," (1950-2005) David Moos (Editor), Catherine van Baren (Editor), Mark Cheetham, 10/25/2005 Art Gallery of Ontario ISBN 1-894243-45-5
- "SUPERNOVA: Stars, Deaths And Disasters," (1962-1964) Douglas Fogle, Francesco Bonami, Moos, Andy Warhol, 10/31/2005 Walker Art Center ISBN 0-935640-83-5
- "Do We Think Too Much?: I Don't Think We Can Ever Stop" Lonnie Holley, Michael Stanley (Editor), Moos (Editor), 08/15/2004 Birmingham Museum of Art ISBN 0-907594-97-2
- "Samuel Mockbee and the Rural Studio: Community Architecture" Samuel Mockbee, Moos (Editor), Gail Trechsel (Editor) 11/01/2003 Birmingham Museum of Art ISBN 0-931394-52-X
- "Painting in the Age of Artificial Intelligence," a special issue of Art & Design, edited by Moos
- "Forces of the 50's: Selections from the Albright Knox" by Donna De Salvo and Moos, Wexner Center (1997) ISBN 1-881390-14-4
- "Kazimir Malevich: The Climax of Disclosure" by Rainer Crone and Moos, University of Chicago Press (1991) ISBN 0-226-12093-7
- "Postmark : An Abstract Effect" by Louis Grachos, Bruce W. Ferguson, David Moos, and David Pagel, SITE Santa Fe (1999) ISBN 0-9650583-6-0
- "Painting in the Age of Artificial Intelligence" by David Moos, Academy Editions (UK) (1996) ISBN 1-85490-232-6
- "Sigmar Polke" by David Moos (2004) ISBN 89-954651-6-6
- "Jonathan Lasker: Selective Identity : Paintings from the 1990s" by Moos, Jonathan Lasker, and Michael Auping, Birmingham Museum of Art (1999) ISBN 0-931394-44-9
- "Philip Akkeman - The Mirrors Secret" by David Moos and Jan van Adrichem, Stroom The Hague's Center for Visual Arts (1999) ISBN 90-73799-31-7
- "Telling the Tales of Painting" by Jonathan Lasker, Moos, and Rainer Crone, Edition Cantz (1994) ISBN 3-89322-564-1
- "Sorel Etrog: Human Traces" by Moos and Etrog, Mosaic Press (1998) ISBN 0-88962-587-5