December 14, 1972 |
Hialeah, Florida, United States
David Norona, (many times written as David Noroña) (born December 14, 1972) is a Cuban American actor, director who has appeared in films, notably in (Though None Go with Me), in many television series, recently (The Mentalist) and many theatre works. He is co-creator and co-lyricist for Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings and has directed two short films.
David Noroña was born in Hialeah, Florida to Cuban parents Jorge Noroña and Edith Iglesias. He began his acting career at Coral Gables High School with roles in The Sound of Music and The Fantasticks. After receiving his BFA with honors from Carnegie Mellon University, he set off for New York City where he made his Broadway debut in Love! Valour! Compassion!.
Noroña has also landed roles on theatre stages. He played role of Irving Berlin in The Tin Pan Alley Rag both on the Pasadena Playhouse theatre and the Coconut Grove Playhouse. The role landed him a nomination at the Los Angeles Ovation Award. He also had the lead role of Frankie Valli in the original run of Jersey Boys on La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, California. On January 24, 2005, he received the prize for "Lead Performance in a Musical, Male" for his role during the San Diego Theatre Critics Circle 2004 awards He also played the role of George in a Latin remake of Of Mice and Men at the Pasadena Playhouse.
David Noroña is co-writer and co-lyricist of Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings, a groundbreaking piece that combined classical singing with ambient, trance and dance electronica. It received rave reviews, critical acclaim and nominations to ten Ovation Awards including "Best New Musical".
He is married and has three sons, and resides in Redding, CA.
- Feature films
- 1993 Money for Nothing (US Air Ticket Clerk)
1996 Mrs. Santa Claus (Marcello Damaroco) 2000 The Expendables (Ramone) 2000 Alligator Alley (Jay Taylor)
- 2000: Maggie Moore as Alex
- 2000: Soledad
- TV series
(Selective. For a comprehensive list, see IMDb)
- 2000: Popular as Nurse Dan Murphy (3 episodes)
- 2001-2002: Six Feet Under, Gary Deitman (8 episodes)
- 2003: Mister Sterling, Leon Montero (9 episodes)
- 2005: Inconceivable, Scott Garcia (10 episodes)
- 2005: CSI: Miami as Joshua Greenfield (1 episode)
- 2007: In Case of Emergency as Paul (4 episodes)
- 2007: Ugly Betty as Tyler Blake (1 episode)
- 2008-2009: Lipstick Jungle, Salvador Rosa (18 episodes)
- 2009: Bones as Derek DaFonte (1 episode)
- 2010: The Defenders as ADA Andrew Gomez / ADA Gomez (2 episodes)
- 2011: The Mentalist, Osvaldo Ardiles and Oscar Ardiles (4 episodes)
- 2012: One Tree Hill as Dr. Alvarez (6 episodes)
- As Writer / Lyricist
- Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings (co-creator and co-lyricist of musical)
- As actor
- 2004: Jersey Boys as Frankie Valli (lead role - original run on La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego, California)
- 2008: Of Mice and Men as George
- 2009: The Tin Pan Alley Rag as Irving Berlin
- Akass, Kim & McCabe, Janet (2005) Reading Six Feet Under: TV to Die For, I.B. Tauris, ISBN 978-1-85043-809-0, p. 123
- "Fertile Ground", Out, September 2005, p. 62, retrieved 2011-07-10
- Filmbug: David Norona biography
- Variety: Jersey Boys - La Jolla Playhouse
- San Diego Theatre Critics Circle: 2004 Awards
- Playbill: Of Mice and Men Laborers Will Be Latino in Pasadena Playhouse's Fresh Look at Classic