||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
2 February 1979
David Paisley (born 2 February 1979) is a Scottish actor, especially well known for roles as midwife Ben Saunders in Holby City, Ryan Taylor in Tinsel Town and most recently Rory Murdoch in River City.
Paisley began acting as a teenager with 7:84 theatre company in Glasgow, openly gay himself, some of his characters have been controversial due to their sexual orientation. He starred in the short film Sweat, screened at the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival 2008, and selected for screening at NewFest in New York, June 2008. Sweat is available on the successful short film compilation series Boys on Film distributed by Peccadillo Pictures.
Played one of the main characters, Ryan Tailor, a 17-year-old boyfriend of a police officer in Tinseltown, a 1999-2000 television drama co-produced by BBC Scotland and Raindog/Deep Indigo Productions.
Paisley starred as 'Madam' Gary in the play The Backroom by Adrian Pagan at The Cock Tavern Theatre in Kilburn, London in March–May 2009, where he provided a 'particularly credible' performance as his 'nervy and paranoid' character.
In May 2009, he also starred as Michael in the successful stage production of Muhmah at the HighTide Festival. In 2009-2010, Paisley took to the stage again in the UK Tour of Over The Rainbow: The Eva Cassidy Story, in which he played the part of Dan Cassidy.
He also starred as Rick in the 2010 horror film Unhappy Birthday.
In 2013 Paisley starred in a short film produced for the Dutch Film Festival called 'Fall-out', described as a post-apocalyptic romantic comedy.
- Bogs, Eric (2002), "XY meets David Paisley", XY Magazine, retrieved 2 November 2007
- Jonathan Lovett (16 March 2009). "Reviews: The Backroom". The Stage. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Keith Myers (16 March 2009). "The Backroom". WhatsOnStage. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Michael Billington (5 May 2009). "Theatre: Guardians / Muhmah". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "David Paisley". Casting Call Pro. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Brown, Irene (2010), "The Lasses, O by Janet Paisley", Edinburgh Guide, retrieved 20 August 2010
- English, Paul (2007), "River City's New Star On Playing Gangster's Son", Daily Record, retrieved 4 February 2008