|David Perlmutter, M.D.|
|Alma mater||Lafayette College,University of Miami School of Medicine|
David Perlmutter, M.D. is a Naples, Florida based American physician, author, and scholar. He is the president of the Perlmutter Health Center. Perlmutter is the author of health books and is known for advocating a functional and holistic approach toward treating brain disorders. Perlmutter is also a frequent contributor to publications such as the Huffington Post, The Daily Beast and Mind Body Green.
Perlmutter is best known for authoring the #1 New York Times bestselling book Grain Brain, released September, 2013 in which he addresses nutritional and lifestyle influences and their impact on neurological disorders.
Perlmutter serves as a medical advisor for The Dr. Oz Show, and lectures at symposia sponsored by such medical institutions as Harvard University, the University of Arizona, Scripps Institute, New York University, and Columbia University.  His contributions to medical literature include publications appearing in The Journal of Neurosurgery, The Southern Medical Journal, Journal of Applied Nutrition, and Archives of Neurology.
Perlmutter has received awards for his approaches to neurological disorders including the 2002 Linus Pauling Award, 2006 National Nutritional Foods Association (the "leading representative of the dietary supplement industry" ) Clinician of the Year Award, and 2010 Humanitarian of the Year award from the American College of Nutrition.
Perlmutter's book has received criticism for perceived 'hyperbole' and misrepresentation of data.
Epidemiologist Dr. David Katz, founding director of Yale University's Prevention Research Center, has criticized Grain Brain, saying "Perlmutter is way ahead of any justifiable conclusion" and that many of its claims are "wildly preposterous". 
- with Loberg, Kristin (September 17, 2013). Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers. Little, Brown and Company. ISBN 031623480X.
- with Villoldo, Alberto (February 1, 2012). Power Up Your Brain: The Neuroscience of Enlightenment. Hay House. ISBN 1401928188.
- with Colman, Carol (August 2, 2005) . The Better Brain Book: The Best Tool for Improving Memory and Sharpness and Preventing Aging of the Brain. Riverhead Trade. ISBN 1594480931.
- with Colman, Carol (March 11, 2008) . Raise a Smarter Child by Kindergarten: Raise IQ by up to 30 points and turn on your child's smart genes. Harmony. ISBN 0767923022.
- "FL Dept. of Health - Profiling Advanced Search Form". Ww2.doh.state.fl.us. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- David Perlmutter, M.D. "Entry at". Hayhouse.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- Committee, Physicians. "Article at". Tcolincampbell.org. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Perlmutter Health Center | Resources". Autism Speaks. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Doctor Details". ABIHM. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Dr. Perlmutter Lecture at NYU Medical School". pilladvised. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Institute for Functional Medicine IFM Faculty". Functionalmedicine.org. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "David Perlmutter, M.D". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "David Perlmutter, MD". The Daily Beast. 2013-08-22. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- website. "Dr. David Perlmutter on MindBodyGreen". Mindbodygreen.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- Taylor, Ihsan. "NY Times best sellers list". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- Taylor, Ihsan. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "David Perlmutter, MD, FACN, ABIHM | The Dr. Oz Show". Doctoroz.com. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Journal of Neurosurgery articles". Thejns.org. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- ""Hidden" Disks and Computerized Tomography : Southern Medical Journal". Journals.lww.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- Perlmutter, D., Functional Therapeutics in Neurodegenerative Disease. Journal of Applied Nutrition, 51 (1): 3-13, 1999
- "JAMA Network | JAMA Neurology | Spinal Myoclonus Associated With HTLV III/LAV Infection". Archneur.jamanetwork.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- Cohen, Lauren. "NPA Challenges Misguided Consumer Reports Story". Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Institute for Functional Medicine > Linus Pauling Award". Functionalmedicine.org. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Annual Awards Past Winners". Npainfo.org. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "2010 Award Recipients". 184.108.40.206. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- Johnson, Nathanael. "Is gluten lobotomizing you?". Grist Magazine. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- Hamblin, James (20 December 2013). "This Is Your Brain on Gluten". The Atlantic. Retrieved 4 February 2014.